Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Aftermarket Wheel Fitment/Offset Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I *think* you'll need air suspension with camber plates and stretched tires so you can really dial it in so when you air it out it can sit riiiight above the wheel like that.
I'm on factory air with lowering links. I have them set to be pretty low in Standard mode and thanks to Tinkla Buddy I can set the car to very low when parked.

And my car is not meant to be legal so I'm not so worried about what's allowed and not ;)

Reactions: Alobalo
I'm on factory air with lowering links. I have them set to be pretty low in Standard mode and thanks to Tinkla Buddy I can set the car to very low when parked.

And my car is not meant to be legal so I'm not so worried about what's allowed and not ;)
I think you'll need the flexibility that aftermarket air suspension would provide. I'm not an expert, but those are the only setups that I've seen that can pull off that look. Our OEM air suspensions don't have enough travel to be able to dump it like that, and still be able to raise it high enough to not constantly bang your battery pack.

I think you'll need the flexibility that aftermarket air suspension would provide. I'm not an expert, but those are the only setups that I've seen that can pull off that look. Our OEM air suspensions don't have enough travel to be able to dump it like that, and still be able to raise it high enough to not constantly bang your battery pack.
You're most likely right. The most important thing for me is the flush fitment and tire stretch.

This summer I ran Vossen HF3s (9" +35 - 245/40) & (10.5" +36 - 285/35) and this is what that looked like.
IOKsa1m.jpg

You're most likely right. The most important thing for me is the flush fitment and tire stretch.

This summer I ran Vossen HF3s (9" +35 - 245/40) & (10.5" +36 - 285/35) and this is what that looked like.
IOKsa1m.jpg
I run a pretty aggressive setup. It's around here somewhere. Not dumped like it's on bags, but it is with lowering links.

Attachments

• 20210912_164509.jpg
    20210912_164509.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 689
Reactions: canasion35
Finally adding mine to the list:
  • Front: 21x9" ET30 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 245/35/21
  • Rear: 21x10.5" ET35 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 285/30/21
  • BC Forged EH168 in Brushed clear
How it looks
IMG_0640(1).JPEG

Better shot of the actual fitment. The back is exactly what I want. The front is a little tucked vs my ideal, but it's what I expected. As @Aggmeister2010 rightfully pointed out, I can easily add some 5 or 10mm spacers, but it's a real pain to have wheels re-machined.

I rub near lock and it is audible in reverse. I'm giving it some time to self clearance, but will sand down the fender venting if it doesn't stop by Spring.
IMG_0677.JPEG

IMG_0675(2).JPEG

Reactions: Slam_EVS
That wheel combo looks great but I think the real question you need to ask yourself is do you want to run a slightly stretched 255mm tire on a 10" width wheel. If you're okay with that, then it will obviously fit. I wonder if 265/35/20 all around would fit better?