Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Aftermarket Wheel Fitment/Offset Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's an evolving story, but I can confirm that a 19x9.5" ET35 front will have less than a millimeter of clearance or rub the inner barrel of the wheel against the vertical part of the knuckle.

With that said, I'm looking for spacer advice. I was thinking 10mm would be about right (and something to try on my summer setup), but in looking around the forum the consensus seems to be that I won't get enough thread engagement on stock studs. The smallest I am seeing the bolt on style is 15mm, which based on my measurements seems like probably too much.

I'm having trouble finding hubcentric options below 10mm. The often recommended Motorsport-Tech 'Design 2' stops at 8mm. 'Design 1' goes down to 3mm, but doesn't have the hubcentric raised portion I'm used to seeing. For context I have never used spacers...

Any suggestions/input would be appreciated

Try a cheap 5mm spacer for sizing. That may be enough clearance. You don't have to have a ton of space up there, I think I have 3mm clearance in my rears and they never rub. If that works, then get the nice hubcentric ones from Motorsport Tech.

I'm about to pull the trigger on some forged wheels (FRONT+30 and REAR+35) and was wondering if there is a benefit to keeping the same OEM staggered tire specs from tesla F; 245/35/21 R: 265/35/21

I noticed many here went to 285/35/21 for rears... is there any benefit to this instead of just lowering the offset to lets say +30 in Rears so the tire comes out more? Am I missing something?

I'm about to pull the trigger on some forged wheels (FRONT+30 and REAR+35) and was wondering if there is a benefit to keeping the same OEM staggered tire specs from tesla F; 245/35/21 R: 265/35/21

I noticed many here went to 285/35/21 for rears... is there any benefit to this instead of just lowering the offset to lets say +30 in Rears so the tire comes out more? Am I missing something?
I don’t recommend +35 in the rear if you’re going to lower your car. I have lowering brackets and there is a slight rub turning into a steep driveway and I’m sure +32 or less would eliminate the rub. On city streets I’m always on low setting.

I don’t recommend +35 in the rear if you’re going to lower your car. I have lowering brackets and there is a slight rub turning into a steep driveway and I’m sure +32 or less would eliminate the rub. On city streets I’m always on low setting.
Interesting - I wonder what could be the issue? - if you see in this thread there are quite a few cars running +35 with L-links in the rears...

The benefit of 285s in the rear is more grip from extra rubber, and it looks neat. I wouldn't say it's *needed* for a daily driver street car though.

My wheels are +25 front and +35 rear, rear tires are 285 width. My rear tires are like 2mm from the struts. I don't rub, but it's damn close. As @collegekid714 said, moving your offset out a couple mm will resolve that - and you have a lot more room if you use 265s instead or 285s.

Here's one I forgot. They are 20's, but the offset should be very similar assuming standard camber/tire diameter.

@SnakeDoctorTD
  • Front: 20x10" ET25 (?? in 255/35/20)
  • Rear: 20x11" ET28 (?? in 285/30/20)
  • ?
img_20200618_135754-jpg.553226

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

really likt this fitment, the 20x11 concave gives it a nice aggressive look. and not overly aggressive

I have had the wheels on for two weeks now and I'm not sure if I have done the correct tire size choice. I think I want tires with a little less rubber/sidewall.

I'm currently running 285/35/20 on 10,5" and 245/40/20 on 9".

Here's a photo while the car is lowered. Links are 9mm longer than factory.
koR5A6l.jpg

I have only found one user (@16P90DL) running 285/30/20 and it looks significantly better.

UlJ9NJb.png

Thoughts?
my favorite look, the model s just goes so well with the TE37

Would like to add my set up here:

2021 LR+ Raven Suspension currently lowered on 54mm/74mm links (will be going lower). Wheels are BC forged RZ815 finished in brushed clear. Specs are front Front: 21x9" ET30 (Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 245/35/21) and rear 21x10.5" ET35 (Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 285/30/21). No rubbing at all.

Edit I have tried uploading more pics but I keep getting image too large even though I have compressed the pic to 2mb

View attachment 661751
Hey guys sold my pre refresh S and expecting my new LR next month fingers crossed. Still have these wheels though, having a tough time figuring out what spacers I’ll need for these wheels to be flush. Anyone know? Specs of the wheels are in the quoted post.

I’m in the same boat as you, I have a set of Brixtons off my 2020 Performance that Id like to use on my incoming Plaid. Same offsets and tire sizes as you! I think it’s a +20mm spacer all the way around but running a 245 up front might be too narrow