Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Aftermarket Wheel Fitment/Offset Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally adding mine to the list:
  • Front: 21x9" ET30 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 245/35/21
  • Rear: 21x10.5" ET35 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 285/30/21
  • BC Forged EH168 in Brushed clear
How it looks
View attachment 741828

Better shot of the actual fitment. The back is exactly what I want. The front is a little tucked vs my ideal, but it's what I expected. As @Aggmeister2010 rightfully pointed out, I can easily add some 5 or 10mm spacers, but it's a real pain to have wheels re-machined.

I rub near lock and it is audible in reverse. I'm giving it some time to self clearance, but will sand down the fender venting if it doesn't stop by Spring.
View attachment 741832
View attachment 741831
This is an awesome summary thread you started. So reading through in the end the car is still rubbing in reverse. If you could do it again would you change the rear offset? Assuming its the rear that's rubbing.

Seems everyone is going after this SPEC in the 21"

Front: 21x9" ET30 (245/35/21)
Rear: 21x10.5" ET35 (285/30/21)
Tires: (Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or Prelli P Zero)
My Rims Choice#1: Vossen VFS1
My Rims Choice #2: Vossen HF3
Car Model: 2020 Tesla Model S Long Range

Thanks for your feedbck

4BB5E5F7-20B6-4ACB-8EDF-AEF22DF50425.jpeg

Got around to installing the BC Forged off my old pre refresh S and they fit literally the exact same on my refresh S. They look great. Only slight issue is the wheel nuts don’t go on as many threads as stock. They still turns 7-8 times so I’m comfortable with that. Only one thread is visible.

77F926C8-A272-49CC-88F5-E2CAE10403C4.jpeg
B95E6B68-164B-4EFF-97C4-A754EB6F67E3.jpeg
9FD77A29-07D1-49F1-BBF4-4C7AA5F4FA29.jpeg

Reactions: All In and bwherry
Yesterday I had a mobile tire installer out to put tires on my new AG wheels and when they put the rears on, the tire was touching in a couple of spots and incredibly close to the suspension and a couple of other spots, while it was still in the air.

Wheels are 21x10.5 +38 and tires are 285/30/21 so based on all the discussions I've seen here and the aftermarket wheel thread it shouldn't be a problem.

The tire installers weren't comfortable with this (nor was I) so stocks were put back on while I sort this out. Is this normal and the car just needed to be lowered and have weight on the suspension and it'd clear?

Appreciate anyone's thoughts/ideas/input!

Yesterday I had a mobile tire installer out to put tires on my new AG wheels and when they put the rears on, the tire was touching in a couple of spots and incredibly close to the suspension and a couple of other spots, while it was still in the air.

Wheels are 21x10.5 +38 and tires are 285/30/21 so based on all the discussions I've seen here and the aftermarket wheel thread it shouldn't be a problem.

The tire installers weren't comfortable with this (nor was I) so stocks were put back on while I sort this out. Is this normal and the car just needed to be lowered and have weight on the suspension and it'd clear?

Are you a refresh model? Regardless, factory Arachnids are 21x10.5 +45mm** in the rear on 295s and there is plenty of clearance. Surprisingly to see that your +38 don’t fit

Check the clearance with the car on the ground.

Hi wheel experts. I'm trying to figure out a wheel fitment to replace my 21 inch Turbine square fitment wheels.

I want to go with 20 inch but after going through all these threads I'm thoroughly confused with what to do. I want to be flush with a deep concave without rubbing at all.

2012 model S 85 with air ride

Car is lowered and is aligned at the lowered setting around -1.4 degrees in the rear and closer to -1.2 in the front. I have lowering links and in2uitive reat camber and toe arms installed. My tires barely rub on the fender linings on hard impact.

I'm looking at 20 inch Ferrada Fr3 or Fr1 in 9 inch front and 10.5 rear but seek advice on tire width and offset that will not rub or any other fitment solution. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20220522_105133.jpg
    20220522_105133.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 293