Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Air Conditioning Vibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a little research and it seams the air conditioning in the model S is quit noisy by default. I have a 2013 S85. Sounds like a jet when first started up on a very hot day on max fan/cool. SC was going to order one of their noise blankets but from what I read it barely helps. New mounts are available too....same result. My concern is that I feel a somewhat high frequency vibration in the pedals and the steering wheel from the compressor. Is this normal? Feel like my hands are getting a massage. Goes away immediately when I shut off the AC.

OK. Thanks for all the comments. Looks like this too is "normal". Undocumented-feature.....hand massager.
My car just fell out of it's last and final extended warranty 73k miles. I do have my concerns documented with the SC and if it fails anytime soon it's covered since I started to complain about it in-warranty.

Reactions: MarkKW
First time using the AC today with fairly high interior temps (103-deg F) in my 2015 Model S 85D. I noticed the same low pitch, high frequency vibration that you can both feel and hear. It seems to go away after 2-3 minutes. Glad to hear it’s “normal” for the Model S - was a bit worried there might be an issue with the AC.