Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S airbag light on continuously with no error code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having an issue with the airbag light coming on intermittently that is now on continuously. No faults showing when local EV garage has plugged it into their computer. No error code in the infotainment either. Tesla say I need to take it to them for diagnostics as they can’t find a problem remotely. Anyone has this issue before? My local SC is 120 miles away and would rather have a local fix for this one. Any help would be great!

Inside of this... the wires are very thin and tend to snip.
Well, that worked for me... hopefully its the same airbag.

Attachments

• 20230717_104901.jpg
    20230717_104901.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 0
I had a bizarre issue where the vehicle went into Neutral on it's own (once) during highway speeds, SC at the time recommended replacing the SCCM.

While I was waiting for parts, a few months later, the SRS started coming on while driving, then it stayed on continuously. I researched and saw on another thread that replacing the SCCM resolved the same issue - SRS light on, no other alerts or errors. So eventually I had the SC replace the SCCM and declined their attempt at charging me for a general diagnostic for an issue that was already identified. Once the new SCCM was installed, the SRS light immediately went away and never came back.

Hope this helps others with the same issue as the hourly diagnostic rate can add up fast when looking for a needle in a haystack!

Attachments

• IMG_5550.jpg
    IMG_5550.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gtech
Upvote 0
I had a bizarre issue where the vehicle went into Neutral on it's own (once) during highway speeds, SC at the time recommended replacing the SCCM.

While I was waiting for parts, a few months later, the SRS started coming on while driving, then it stayed on continuously. I researched and saw on another thread that replacing the SCCM resolved the same issue - SRS light on, no other alerts or errors. So eventually I had the SC replace the SCCM and declined their attempt at charging me for a general diagnostic for an issue that was already identified. Once the new SCCM was installed, the SRS light immediately went away and never came back.

Hope this helps others with the same issue as the hourly diagnostic rate can add up fast when looking for a needle in a haystack!
Also, to add to this. It could be as simple as a slight loose connector under the seat and as Leni pointed out above, a snagged wire.

Upvote 0