Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: All Glass Roof Customer Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is a glass roof feasible in a place like Houston TX? I want one badly but my head would be sunburned and I can only imagine the heat generation.
I hope so seeing as that's what I've got coming.

Read the reviews of the X and the S Pano Roof and based on those I was confident enough to give it a shot. Figured the worst case scenario is putting up an aftermarket sun-screen / visor. Maybe a hat. Also considering an additional layer of tinting as well but thinking I might give myself some time to assess if I need it.

FWIW I wanted the extra headspace (I'm ~6') but worried about the issues posted about the pano roof (noise, breakdowns, etc.) thus the all glass roof seemed an excellent solution for me.

Curious to see how well the all glass roof does with the cold...or rather keeping the cold OUT of the car (spend a decent amount of time in chilly Colorado), how loud it is in the rain (coming out of my old '06 TL you could HEAR the rain beating down on the moonroof when the sun visor panel was open), and how well it holds up impacts from road debris.

Elon, I believe, hinted that it is a product of Tesla Glass. They said Tesla Glass is a better insulating glass than normal and it is stronger. See my comment above about UV protection (it also is tinted). Aftermarket products likely will take a couple months at least.

Read the reviews of the X and the S Pano Roof and based on those I was confident enough to give it a shot. Figured the worst case scenario is putting up an aftermarket sun-screen / visor. Maybe a hat. Also considering an additional layer of tinting as well but thinking I might give myself some time to assess if I need it.

FWIW I wanted the extra headspace (I'm ~6') but worried about the issues posted about the pano roof (noise, breakdowns, etc.) thus the all glass roof seemed an excellent solution for me.

Curious to see how well the all glass roof does with the cold...or rather keeping the cold OUT of the car (spend a decent amount of time in chilly Colorado), how loud it is in the rain (coming out of my old '06 TL you could HEAR the rain beating down on the moonroof when the sun visor panel was open), and how well it holds up impacts from road debris.
Please keep me posted. I want to order a glass roof very badly and this is my one reservation.

I am a little bit disappointed looking at the pictures of the all glass roof and how good it looks. I had configured my car before this option was available but the car went into production after the glass roof became an option. The MyTesla design spec reflected that I was actually getting there glass roof and our delivery person confirmed this as well. But when I went in to take delivery I noticed the my car had the sunroof. Didn't make a big fuss out of it as I just wanted to take delivery and start driving, but would have preferred the glass roof

The new all glass roof looks incredible! I love how it looks. I also never open my pano roof. We have the pano roof in our tesla and I am very pleased with how dark the glass is, cabin does not get hot or even warm. Does Anybody know if the all glass roof is the same type/ dark glass as the pano roof? I have not seen it in person yet to compare it to the pano roof. I assume it is the same.

My picture doesn't do it justice. It's so much better in person.

Attachments

• IMG_2461.JPG
    IMG_2461.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 364
  • Love
Reactions: Maximapolak
Is the tint the same as the pano? When the sun is at a certain angle, it reflects directly into my eyes from the touchscreen, even when the pano is closed. I imagine they can't do much about that, but worth asking all the same.

20161211_125615.jpg

Is the tint the same as the pano? When the sun is at a certain angle, it reflects directly into my eyes from the touchscreen, even when the pano is closed. I imagine they can't do much about that, but worth asking all the same.

View attachment 206434

That's because your steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car. ;)

Got my on 12/16 with the glass roof.. Main driver was allergies - like the sun but not the pollen - add in hepa and you can imagine the difference between my old Honda and S ..So we had a cold night in Charlotte last night ... can't really tell that it makes it cold or less cold. The tint is heavy .. so it would have to be a very sunny day to end up noticing anything in the cabin.