Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: All Glass Roof Customer Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took an S with the glass roof for a test drive the other day. If I was buying a new S today I would still opt for the sunroof, and we have an X with the huge front glass that we like.

For the driver and passenger there is little change. From the second row, the glare and reflection is pretty bad. You can see everything that is going on in the first row from the second. The 17" screen reflection is very clear. I wanted to like it....

• Informative
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I took an S with the glass roof for a test drive the other day. If I was buying a new S today I would still opt for the sunroof, and we have an X with the huge front glass that we like.

For the driver and passenger there is little change. From the second row, the glare and reflection is pretty bad. You can see everything that is going on in the first row from the second. The 17" screen reflection is very clear. I wanted to like it....
In that case, they need to make a mesh sunscreen.

Interesting, so at night it is really dark? They can fall asleep as with a solid roof

My younger one was actually asleep when I took that, and that was in the day.

At night I wasn't able to see the stars out of it. You can make it some clouds if you try really hard. I'd be more worried about the glare. There is a good amount of reflection from the screen. I turn my brightness down to 5% and will probably pick up some sort of privacy/anti glare coating for the screen.

My younger one was actually asleep when I took that, and that was in the day.

At night I wasn't able to see the stars out of it. You can make it some clouds if you try really hard. I'd be more worried about the glare. There is a good amount of reflection from the screen. I turn my brightness down to 5% and will probably pick up some sort of privacy/anti glare coating for the screen.

Thanks!

This might help too. Taken from the backseat during pickup. The garage is BRIGHT white with overhead lights.

You can see how bright it is out of the front, and the amount of tint on the top. The only thing is that screens reflection.

Attachments

• IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 370
So you can't get XM radio with the all glass roof but can with the pano? That's a deal breaker for me even though I would love an all glass roof when I upgrade perhaps next year. I wonder if there are plans to engineer this in at some point.

The audio quality on XM is terrible. Move to streaming and if you happen to go into areas without cell coverage use stored audio on your phone or USB.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximus8
All glass does have a certain look. Haven't checked out the feel as yet but ..

A sunroof, that big, clear star filled night, in the summer, on a scenic route, along the coast,with the hot wife in her short shorts tight top,

..let me stop. I'm just playing..

So you can't get XM radio with the all glass roof but can with the pano? That's a deal breaker for me even though I would love an all glass roof when I upgrade perhaps next year. I wonder if there are plans to engineer this in at some point.

I'm a heavy XM user as our radio coverage is spotty in my area. The streaming works beautifully for us, not sure if you have regular internet connectivity though.

I sat in one today and it really is gorgeous. It feels great in the front seats to have the open light over your head.

Sitting in the back however there was a lot of glare from the center console reflected in the pano glass. Small price to pay in my view (especially as I'll almost never be sitting in the back myself...)