Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - All weather mats directly from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone - has anyone recently ordered MS All weather mats directly from Tesla for a 2021 MS? I did and received them this week and the mat for the back seats/row doesn’t fit?? The description on the Tesla shop page doesn’t specify a year so one would assume they fit the current model year. Of course Tesla customer service does nothing and doesn’t respond.

Open to hear of suggestions for other brands that people have purchased for their 2021 MS.

Attachments

• 78ABFE4A-BACC-43DD-89FF-0CB42B0CB308.jpeg
    78ABFE4A-BACC-43DD-89FF-0CB42B0CB308.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 98
  • EFAA7470-5DD2-4AB4-B8BC-5245F2E2C492.jpeg
    EFAA7470-5DD2-4AB4-B8BC-5245F2E2C492.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 13811575-3146-4072-8477-3922C6414446.jpeg
    13811575-3146-4072-8477-3922C6414446.jpeg
    599.4 KB · Views: 89
Does it fit alright under the center as well? It just seems like a lot of excess
It’s supposed to go under the console too - although on my car at least it’s pretty tight under there. Takes a little work to wiggle it in. You could consider trimming this part if it’s not fitting well.

Note they ARE designed to curl up along the back and side edges to contain spills - not lay perfectly flat - so keep that in mind as you’re fitting them.

I have these mats for my 2021 Model S. Mine came with a little instruction booklet that said to tuck that part under the seat rails and under the center console. I will say it took more effort than you would expect to wedge them under, and it still doesn’t feel like a perfect fit to me. There is still some excess mat that almost creates an air bubble if that makes sense. It’s the back seat so I don’t care that much, but I wish it fit a little better.

I would do the Maxpider mats but it’s impossible to find a set that fits the back row of the 2021 Model S.

I have these mats for my 2021 Model S. Mine came with a little instruction booklet that said to tuck that part under the seat rails and under the center console. I will say it took more effort than you would expect to wedge them under, and it still doesn’t feel like a perfect fit to me. There is still some excess mat that almost creates an air bubble if that makes sense. It’s the back seat so I don’t care that much, but I wish it fit a little better.

I would do the Maxpider mats but it’s impossible to find a set that fits the back row of the 2021 Model S.

I actually ordered the Maxspider mats from Amazon they said they fit 2016-2019 MS so I figured they haven’t changed anything therefore they should fit. I had the same issue in the back row - but I didn’t try wedging those in either so I wonder if they would fit had I tried. I think the ones from Tesla look a bit rugged for a luxury vehicle compared to the Maxspider mats.

Interesting. Anyone know if the back seat space should be different in the 2021 cars? E.g., did tesla lengthen the rails for the front seats to allow more adjustment? I have a 2015, and i know the mats need to go under the seat rails, but have not had a problem with them.