Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Alpha in Europe for Test Drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May I ask who told you this ? And did they say anything about when they would do this ?

Well the informations origins from Steven Davies from Tesla. They currently have the Model S chassis on display at the Geneva Car Expo and maybe they wanted to get more in touch with their European customers. Just remeber that Norway is number 2 for Model S sales after USA

I'm not exactly sure when they will do this, but I guess it will be around Summer 2011.

They might not be now Suxxer...Germany & Canada have to be very close if not ahead...:wink:

Well the informations origins from Steven Davies from Tesla. They currently have the Model S chassis on display at the Geneva Car Expo and maybe they wanted to get more in touch with their European customers. Just remeber that Norway is number 2 for Model S sales after USA

I'm not exactly sure when they will do this, but I guess it will be around Summer 2011.

I actually think a Model S is fairly "cheap" for us Europeans.

I used to drive a Audi A3 2.0TDI, with all the taxes included this car was EUR 48.000. The monthly taxes were about EUR 90.

The car was from my company, here in Holland we have a tax rule, that you have to add 25% of the car to your yearly income and pay taxes over it. This resulted in a extra tax of EUR 475,00 every month, just for driving the A3.

In total, the Audi A3 (which I had for 3 years) costed me EUR 87240, this is excluding fuel and maintenance.

EV's are free from those taxes, that makes a Model S cheaper for me (when calculating over 3 years) than a Audi A3, when you start comparing it against a Audi A4, Mercedes E-Class or BMW 5-series it's even much cheaper.

I really do hope we can test-drive the Model S this summer, I can't wait!

I was told by TM that, at least here in the US, Test drives of the Model S would not be available until the release of the Beta Builds. I can not see EU getting test drives before the US since TM is actually here.

Whilst excited by the prospect, I've assumed that 'test drive' may actually turn out to be closer to 'test ride'. Alternatively, it may be that insurance differences allow rides in non-production vehicles are allowed in the EU but not the US.