Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S and Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Certainly I am planning to buy a new Tesla in the next year, either a Model 3 or a Model S, we'll see (I'd prefer the smaller car as long as there aren't too many compromises). I'm happy to wait until the final Model 3 specs are released and I can sit in the car in person before deciding. I can't see having waited with a reservation this long and then giving up on the basis of some tweets. I can only see the tweets affecting people who really want an S, but want to be reassured that they won't look like chumps for not waiting for the 3.

While I can see some people giving up on the reservation based on tweets, I'd agree they are probably a minority - but I can see far more people doing the sensible thing as you and waiting 3+ months before deciding.

Unfortunately that wait of 3+ months is often in the buyer's interest, but never in Tesla's interest. Hence Tesla is trying to change that behavior and sell you a Model S now.

Probably not available on the 3 (at least for a year or two):
ludicrous
AWD (2018)
While you are correct that Ludicrous/AWD will not be available from the "get go", we *know* both will be available. It may take a year, but not two.

Maybe available / maybe not:
Fully opening sunroof

Elon has said that it will have this roof options: 1. Metallic roof, 2. Glass roof and 3. an sunroof opening (like the panorama roof on the Model S).

Reactions: No ICE