TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S and Roadster cars at Autocross Event at Evergreen Speedway (near Seattle)

Discussion in 'Video' started by Francis Lau, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

#1 Francis Lau, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    A few of us went to a driver's education and autocross event at Evergreen Speedway near Seattle on Feb 2nd 2013. There were 5 MS and 1 Roadster. It was a lot of fun and very educational. Here is a video showing excerpts of the various courses:
    1. Emergency Braking
    2. Slalom
    3. Figure 8 on wet pavement
    4. Autocross Run
    5. Accident Avoidance

Since we did not have a non-driver camera person, we only captured certain runs. It was a full day event that ran from 8 am to 5 pm. The run numbers in the caption are just to allow viewers to anticipate number of runs shown and to scroll through the video as needed. There may have been runs in between.

Personally, the cars may not look fast on the video and it felt very fast and I had to respond very quickly when I was driving. The MS was fast and handled beautifully. All the instructors were clamoring to ride with us.

If you get a chance to attend such an event, I highly recommend it.

Enjoy!

Francis

2. childressmd

childressmd Member

Looks like an Audi event!

3. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Yup, it was a Quattro event. The organizers and participants were great with many different cars at the event.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

In addition to being very welcoming and interested in the Model S, they mentioned multiple times that they'd like to have us back. I think they meant the cars though, not necessarily the people. ;)