TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S and X deposit dilemma UK only

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Dan43, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Dan43

Dan43 Member

In the UK we still have a £4000 deposit ($6000) for Models S and X. In Switzerland it is 2500.00 CHF or £1739.00 equivalent, a huge difference, same for other areas.

My dilemma is I would rather put the £4000 into stock for Tesla than place a deposit as we wont be getting deliveries for another year it seems and that £4000 could increase considerably via stocks rather than sitting doing in Tesla UK bank account.

If the deposit was less than £2000 than obviously that lessens the exposure.

Has anyone else considered this, is it a mute point (£4000 is a lot to me I am afraid) and have emailed Tesla UK to see if their deposit pricing is changing soon?

Best
    Dan43

2. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Today I was told UK deposits will come down to 2000 euro once they have the build RHD schedule in place.
    Best
    Dan43

3. smac

smac Active Member

Dan, Not sure if it helps you, but I placed a non sig deposit last week, and am #121.

No idea what expected UK volumes, or RHD production rates will be, but I wanted to make sure I was near the front of the queue in the UK. Saying that I'll probably go for a 65KW, as my commute is only 12miles per day, so no doubt be bumped back behind those that order the 85KW :(.

4. smac

smac Active Member

^ Of course I mean 60, not 65

5. chris.c

chris.c Member

Hi smac,
    Congrats! Could you please add your reservation here? UK Model S Reservations

Chris

6. smac

smac Active Member

Thanks Chris!

I've added mine to the UK Reservation thread.

Simon