Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S and X deposit dilemma UK only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the UK we still have a £4000 deposit ($6000) for Models S and X. In Switzerland it is 2500.00 CHF or £1739.00 equivalent, a huge difference, same for other areas.

My dilemma is I would rather put the £4000 into stock for Tesla than place a deposit as we wont be getting deliveries for another year it seems and that £4000 could increase considerably via stocks rather than sitting doing in Tesla UK bank account.

If the deposit was less than £2000 than obviously that lessens the exposure.

Has anyone else considered this, is it a mute point (£4000 is a lot to me I am afraid) and have emailed Tesla UK to see if their deposit pricing is changing soon?

Best
Dan43

Dan, Not sure if it helps you, but I placed a non sig deposit last week, and am #121.

No idea what expected UK volumes, or RHD production rates will be, but I wanted to make sure I was near the front of the queue in the UK. Saying that I'll probably go for a 65KW, as my commute is only 12miles per day, so no doubt be bumped back behind those that order the 85KW :(.