Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - April 2017 updates or changes potentials?

What has the greatest possibility of being included in the next Model S update?

• Battery design

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • HUD

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Redesigned interior

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • New Color(s)

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Wheel design changes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing - it's all caught up for now

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, last year around mid-April the Model S got a new front end design and other features. Given that Tesla has announced the end of the 60, what are the odds of other changes occurring? I would think all effort is being put into the Model 3, and probably not too many changes if any are forthcoming.

What do you think might happen? New batteries, HUD - something else?

Let the speculation begin...

i don't think there will be any cosmetic or hardware changes. AP 2.0 is basically brand new, and before the design change ( to match the model x ) the model S's all looked the same since 2012 (if im not mistaken?)

I agree somewhat. Even the seats have undergone a recent change, so a full out refresh is most likely out of the question. Still, I would suspect that they would try to update any hardware that would be rolled out to the 3 before or near to the time it comes out. Paint colors would be a simple change, but it's unclear whether they would do anything since they've scaled back over the past couple of years.

I agree that the timing looks good for some sort of update.

I don't think it'll be the battery. We know the 60 is going away, and doesn't the 100 battery pack already represent a battery design change? I suppose the 75 could get the same treatment, or even see a bump to 80.

I'm still carrying a torch for a HUD. I see a couple of possible loopholes in Elon's recent oracular utterance: what's meant by "significantly new"? Or "consumer-facing"? Is it still "new" if the TMS and TMX get it before the TM3 ships?

That said I think we might see an interior update to align with the model 3. Maybe the invisible vents?

I agree that the timing looks good for some sort of update.

I don't think it'll be the battery. We know the 60 is going away, and doesn't the 100 battery pack already represent a battery design change? I suppose the 75 could get the same treatment, or even see a bump to 80.

I'm still carrying a torch for a HUD. I see a couple of possible loopholes in Elon's recent oracular utterance: what's meant by "significantly new"? Or "consumer-facing"? Is it still "new" if the TMS and TMX get it before the TM3 ships?

That said I think we might see an interior update to align with the model 3. Maybe the invisible vents?

With the Gigafactory now rolling out the new battery design, it's unclear whether it has been incorporated into the existing battery packs but I don't think it's been productionized yet. It would represent a weight and cost savings by my understanding.

Any of the other stuff would be nice as well. I'm mulling deferring the production of mine until after that date.

Im thinking about 3 updates.... New Interior, New Color's, and New Wheels. I think the 21'inch Grey turbines should be the same exact color as 22'inch black wheels on the MX.

Model S Turbines
grey-tesla-model-s-performance-85-panoramic-roof-turbine-wheels-grey-interior-12.jpg

Model X "Black Turbines"
2016-Tesla-Model-X-P90D-front-wheels.jpg