TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S as backdrop, Intel Developer Forum 2015

Discussion in 'News' started by adiggs, Aug 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

Was just now watching this presentation from Intel Developer Forum 2015 about the upcoming 5G networking standard:
    http://intelstudios.edgesuite.net/idf/2015/sf/megasession/150819_aesr/index.html

There is a Model S onstage the entire hour and used as a backdrop for the speakers. It also gets a few minutes about being an always connected device, and I'm still listening to the rest of the video.

Another example of Model S working it's way into our culture.

(Full Disclosure - I work for Intel and own/drive a Tesla; the opinions are all mine)

2. mesalum

mesalum Member

I also work for Intel (and Aicha) and drive a P85.

3. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

#3 Patrick W, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Seems a little odd that a car that's connected via 3G would be used as a backdrop for a 5G service.

But then maybe they're worked a deal with Tesla for 5G? (We can always hope.)

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

The awesome white Roadster in the parking lot, day after day, finally got to you :).

5. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Lot of fun stuff at IDF this year--nice job as always--did you get a 3D selfie? :). Regardless of the specific connectivity, the Model S typifies the whole IoT thing rather well, so it works--certainly sexier than a Google car. :)

6. mesalum

mesalum Member

Yes it did. Seeing your car in the parking lot was the first time I saw a Tesla. It was love at first sight.

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I may have told you this, but we'd sit in all-day meetings in FM7-400 and for distraction, watch engineers circling the car. And I totally got it. After all, I bought it after one short test drive :).

8. mesalum

mesalum Member

I was one of those engineers. :biggrin:

Yeah, the cars sell themselves. I too took a short test drive at the Rocklin SC and went home and ordered mine.

9. deliriousbb

deliriousbb Member

I heard there will be an upgrade for internet connection for the Model S (being that even Chevy has 4G built in). It is also in the works for our current Model S to be retrofitted with an upgrade module to push it to 4G also. Our cars are basically a mobile computer, thus a module; much like the ones on our laptop can be swapped out and upgraded.

Too bad I didn't go to this years IDF.

10. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Apparently we should arrange a Tesla meet up for the next one.

11. deliriousbb

deliriousbb Member

That would be awesome! I wouldn't mind Supercharging my way up to Moscone