Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S as backdrop, Intel Developer Forum 2015

adiggs

Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2012
Portland, OR
Was just now watching this presentation from Intel Developer Forum 2015 about the upcoming 5G networking standard:
http://intelstudios.edgesuite.net/idf/2015/sf/megasession/150819_aesr/index.html

There is a Model S onstage the entire hour and used as a backdrop for the speakers. It also gets a few minutes about being an always connected device, and I'm still listening to the rest of the video.

Another example of Model S working it's way into our culture.

(Full Disclosure - I work for Intel and own/drive a Tesla; the opinions are all mine)

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
Was just now watching this presentation from Intel Developer Forum 2015 about the upcoming 5G networking standard:
http://intelstudios.edgesuite.net/idf/2015/sf/megasession/150819_aesr/index.html

There is a Model S onstage the entire hour and used as a backdrop for the speakers. It also gets a few minutes about being an always connected device, and I'm still listening to the rest of the video.

Seems a little odd that a car that's connected via 3G would be used as a backdrop for a 5G service.

But then maybe they're worked a deal with Tesla for 5G? (We can always hope.)

Last edited:
Seems a little odd that a car that's connected via 3G would be used as a backdrop for a 5G service.

But then maybe they're worked a deal with Tesla for 5G? (We can always hope.)

I heard there will be an upgrade for internet connection for the Model S (being that even Chevy has 4G built in). It is also in the works for our current Model S to be retrofitted with an upgrade module to push it to 4G also. Our cars are basically a mobile computer, thus a module; much like the ones on our laptop can be swapped out and upgraded.

Too bad I didn't go to this years IDF.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC