Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S as Brewing Hauler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
So you can get quite a bit of beer brewing gear in the back of a Model S:

Truck.JPG

That's:

• Two 6-gallon carboys (filled with beer)
  • Tote full of brew gear
  • 15 gallon brewing "keggle"
  • Immersion chiller
  • 35K BTU Propane stand burner
  • 20Lb propane tank
  • 5 gallon "corny keg"
  • Brewing "instrument case"

The only problem was resisting the urge to punch it in the P85D's insane mode in order to not slosh the brew all over the place...

Well done. My local brew shop had the annual Big Brew as part of the American Home Brewer's association event. I wasn't able to attend, but fretted over the idea of hauling 5 gallons of wort in the Model S...would not want that spilled in there! I rarely take my brewing stuff anywhere though.

Well done. My local brew shop had the annual Big Brew as part of the American Home Brewer's association event. I wasn't able to attend, but fretted over the idea of hauling 5 gallons of wort in the Model S...would not want that spilled in there! I rarely take my brewing stuff anywhere though.

Those events are fun.. hopefully next time. Me and a buddy brew together so we typically trade bringing our stuff to each other's place.

Well, it's a loaner, not my car. It has the executive rear seats so I couldn't fold them down, so I was wondering how well it would all fit. I was able to tuck quite a bit in to the "footwell" storage area.

But nonetheless I agree with you, hence the new tarp I bought to line the back of the car with...:wink: