Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S at 2013 CES (Nvidia booth)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at 2013 CES, & the Nvidia booth had the Model S (like last year):

Tesla Model S / Nvidia booth [ '13 CES Jan 11 ]

I got there late (on last day, today), so I didn't get a chance to get an interview with the official Tesla PR person.

Chevrolet had a booth with the Spark EV. Ford had a hybrid in their booth. 2013 CES had a Techzone called GoElectricDrive in the North Hall (where the Auto mfrs had their booths).

Model S photos at:

2013 CES 1/11 - a set on Flickr

Panasonic booth had a display about their LiIon batteries & electric cars. The main stage had a video segment, with Elon Musk talking about Model S. I have most of it on video.

Lexus had a Press-Day event for their autonomous driving project (similar to the Google Car).

Lexus press-conference [ '13 CES Jan 7 ]

Audi was doing test-drives of their autonomous driving car (at another location in Las Vegas). I heard from someone that BYD was doing test-drives of their electric car.

The Tesla rep said that you can control the sunroof via the steering wheel controls. I have not seen this option on my cluster. Anyone able to replicate this feature?

Click the right roller wheel. Roll it up/down to find the Sunroof mode (shown on console right side). Click again and roll to open/close. Also works for HVAC fans, bunch of stuff.

Click the right roller wheel. Roll it up/down to find the Sunroof mode (shown on console right side). Click again and roll to open/close. Also works for HVAC fans, bunch of stuff.
This only works if you've set the right scroll wheel to "Any" (or whatever the setting is). To do this, you have to click the button under the scroll wheel (has a little icon of what looks like a menu on it), select 'Customize' and choose the "Any" option (I forget the exact text). Without doing this clicking the scroll wheel only does the specific function you selected in Customize. Also, I think the 'Any' option is new for Firmware 4.0 and above. Earlier than that and you can only specify a single function for the wheel at a time.