Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S at Motor Trend Auto Shows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TI Sailor

Supporting Member
May 4, 2013
Treasure Island, FL
I posted these thoughts on the TM forum, but thought this thread might reach other interested teslaphiles.

Motor Trend Auto Shows, LLC will host 22 car shows in the next 12 months, beginning with the Orange County CA show in October and ending with the New Mexico (Albuquerque) show next April. The 20 shows in between will take place in Uniondale NY, Bedford NH, Fresno CA, Nashville TN, Tampa FL, Phoenix AZ, Orlando FL, Las Vegas NV, San Jose CA, Greenville SC, Memphis TN, Sandy UT, Harrisburg PA, Charleston WV, Baltimore MD, Davenport IA, Providence RI, Milwaukee WI, Honolulu HI and Richmond VA.

Since most people will not be able to attend the big shows in Detroit, LA or NY, nor will they likely drive hundreds of miles to a Tesla store, I believe it would be great marketing if the Model S, Motor Trend's Car of the Year, was prominently displayed at each of these shows. I suspect most, if not all, of the cars displayed could come from the test drive or loaner fleets.

The MTAS web site has a tab for vendors to sign up. Does anyone on this forum have experience as a vendor at an auto show, regardless of whether it was an MTAS show or not? Any idea if Tesla has considered this?