TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S at Pebble Beach

Discussion in 'Video' started by Albern, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

#2 Nvbob, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  2. Albern

Albern Member

3. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Albern,

Keep in mind that the running Model S is just a show car and not the final product. I watched the video and figured that the noise could have been the fans for the battery and the assisted streering system. The other sounds could have been the mount point for the interior parts but I think the final product will be a solid offering.

4. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

Thanks for posting.

I noticed the driver's legs appear to be somewhat cramped from both a length and width perspective.

Looking forward to seeing the child rear facing seats.

5. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I've heard that more recent prototypes (likely with "closer to final" hardware) will be roaming around this Fall...

6. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

Whining noise

Understand that the "prototype" is just that. Under the skin is the power train and battery pack of a Roadster. We were going no faster than 25 or so miles per hour and the whine (which I did not notice until you brought it to my attention) was from battery cooling and the power steering (since the fans weren't working). The whine was not really noticeable while we were on the test drive.
    Yes, foot space was at a premium on the drivers side but, as Dan mentioned, the interior is going to change.

Bob