TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S at SIGGRAPH 2013 Nividia booth

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by chimpanzee, Jul 24, 2013.

1. chimpanzee

chimpanzee Member

#1 chimpanzee, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    Model S at SIGGRAPH 2013 Nvidia booth

9357468514_121ca4b007.jpg

2013 SIGGRAPH Tue - a set on Flickr

Computer Graphics conference always has Automotive presence, in terms of CAD ("3D visualization").

Went to Nvidia talk about high-end (GPU based) rendering applications, where Automotive design is a demanding sector. The twist is that Nvidia is getting into CPU business, where its Tegra mobile CPU is being used in Tesla Motors Model S (instrument cluster & 17" interactive display..which has graphics capability). Nvidia has an Automotive division for this. I'm investigating other CPU companies, who are targeting Automotive market.

2. PaceyWhitter

PaceyWhitter Member

Is the Tegra 3 in the MS a special automotive part? Or are they saying that they plan on future automotive processors? If so what would be the difference between a standard tablet/phone arm chip and an automotive chip?

3. evme

evme Member

4. Falcon5

Falcon5 Member

Happy to see the Model S in the Nvidia booth this afternoon at Siggraph. Nvidia was my favorite vendor at Siggraph this year. Hope to see the Model X at Siggraph in the future...