Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Auto Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got Metlife for $971 for 1 year in AZ for my S75D through my employer's group discount with them. Had Farmers on my BMW X5 that I traded in, but they wanted $2500 even though I had other policies with them. No thanks. Liberty Mutual quoted $2800. Gieco and Progressive were other reasonable options around $1000.

I tried to call AAA for an insurance quote, and was told that they no longer insure Tesla's. If you have an existing policy, you are grandfathered in, but unsure about a new add-on.

Anyone else try this?

I can tell you as a driver insured with AAA I was quoted I was quoted $2,900 a year for a Model X 75D on a multi car discount in So Cal with no moving violations and 300k/300k coverage's driving 12k miles a year.

2014 S60, state farm, $1607/yr. with 250 deductible. That probably doesn't help anyone, but to compare it to my last car
2016 BMW M235i $1601/yr...
Both of those are single car (home discount), only change is the car, no other policy changes.

So 50 cents more a month for the tesla, that is worth a few thousand more than the BMW...