Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Automobile Magazine's Automobile of the Year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not someone prone to emotional responses, but a review like that made me a little misty eyed. Knowing I might be living in (and a minor participant of) a moment of change. Can you imagine what things would be like if electric cars become dominant? The quiet streets. The cleaner air in the cities; even if energy production is dirty, it's single sourced at a distance from the city. Less particulates in the air that settle to the ground so rain water run off is cleaner (though tire rubber is still a pollutant).

Not to mention various national impacts from less oil demand, such as fewer gas stations, fewer oil tankers, etc. It's just a crack of light right now, Tesla isn't there and is a small seller and it's only for cars, but its more a positive vision of the future than the oil driven one I'd gotten resigned to seeing.

The car industry is quite shook up, over dealer model changes, business models for repair, and entrenched oil... so, I'm gladly surprised at the award.
It's more to it than that, IMO. Generally speaking, the U.S. car industry decided to stay with oil. Despite the international..challenges. The economic turmoil just added to the mix. And then the bailots stirred the pot further, whipping up the political side.

But sometimes out of turmoil something good can come. If Tesla acts as a catalyst for the big guys to looks seriously upon moving away from oil as a fuel, the auto industry globally could pivot very quickly.

I've been wearing a Tesla jacket on occasion, and lately, people I never would have expected have noticed it. The brand is really seeping into the public consciousness. This is a significant change from a year ago. George's magic is working... and building a world-class revolutionary product doesn't hurt either.

2 awards in 2 days. At this rate a moderator should make a sub-category or a sticky for all the awards to come. :)

Congratulations to all the Tesla people.

And also a big congratulations to all you early adopters, current owners, and pending owners for believing and trusting in the product to put your money down and buy one! You also made this happen.