TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S back window

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rborhani, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Rborhani

Rborhani Member

A08D5408-7F82-45F5-B9B9-927FB18C57DE.png is your view kind of distorted through your model S back window?
    Here is a straight angle picture from my perspective view out my back window. The white line (black arrow) is a straight white line for a parking spot.

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Uhhh no ..my S doesn’t look like that ..what is year model ..tint? No tint etc ...

3. Rborhani

Rborhani Member

2018 ...less than 1000 miles

4. Tim-in-CA

Tim-in-CA Member

Mine is slightly distorted. Approaching vehicles tend to look slightly squished at the lower part of the glass. Will have to check out the scenario shown in the pic.

5. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

I never look out back window. I see rear headrest in mirror. Useless.

• Funny x 1
  6. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member

Mine showed squished traffic in the rear view mirror as well. I never found out if it was the mirror or the window before I sold it.

7. Brettski

Brettski Member

After reading your post, I noticed today that I have the same effect; with looking over my shoulder out the rear window AND via the rear-view mirror. For what it’s worth, I do have window tint.

8. Vinade

Vinade Member

Yes mine is like that. Distortion in the lower part... 2015 P85D

9. Rocketship

Rocketship New Member

Minimal distortion in my 2017 MS.

10. Tiger

Tiger Member

I can already see the headlines, "Tesla goes Bankwupt over recalling millions of cars with vehicles in the rear tending to look slightly squished at the lower part of the glass" - "Elon Musk saves the company from Bankwuptcy by merging SpaceX and Tesla".

• Informative x 1