TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S backlog to February

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by choatie88, Dec 16, 2015.

1. choatie88

choatie88 Member

The Model S design studio is suddenly showing February delivery now. Yesterday it was late December.

I wonder what happened.

2. Lesifass

Lesifass Member

They produced cars for the North American market(s) only until recently, to make sure that all those cars can be delivered in 2015 to meet their guidance of 50-52k cars in 2015. So production for Europe/Asia was close to 0.

Now there's probably a huge backlog for Europe/Asia, and close to 100% of January production is for those markets. So you guys in North America need to wait until February. :)

That's my assumption.

3. GotOne

GotOne Member

The Model S Design Studio delivery date is a phony "come on" date. On 1 Dec when I entered my order it read "Late December." But when my order was Confirmed on 2 Dec the estimated delivery slipped all the way to "Late January, Early February." @Lesifass speculation that end of year emphasis is on completion of deliveries of North American vehicles is quite logical.