Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S base stereo upgrade opinions with this range of 1k -4K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. For the base system in the model S what have people done for upgrades? And what's the best value for money in your opinion?

I am aware of the NVX sub for about 950 plus install.

LH labs door speakers for about 999 self install but out of stock.

Reus upgrade with new sub. Tweeters. Center windshield speaker and sub amp and tuning, I think this is 4 k range.

I have he lowest range in my mind for simple pre powered sealed or micro ported sub in the rear footwell that would run as low as 500 installed, or also change out the doors to high efficiency infinity component and coaxial speakers for 4-500 more. So 1000 total

Next level is Nvx sub and 5 channel amp and focals or comparable speakers and prob about 2500 total. This would use the front speaker input and the sound curve of the front speakers seems pretty flat with a drop off at 40 hz by past posters on here that have measured it. The sub would add that low level freq back in.

Then adding proper sound leveling and dsp tuning to that makes it 3500 like JL audio fix 82 and twk 88. (How much better would this sound based on the flat sound eq of the front stage already?)

Then Reus is next price level.

Anyone has any opinions on what they did and where and cost and how satisfied etc.

Thanks

Hello,

I see you are living in VA. If you live in Northern VA, I would refer you to Safe and Sound in Chantilly for your questions. Like you, I was looking for an upgrade. I did not have a sub, so I went out a bought one from NVX. Although it sounded great, I wanted a little more, as I am into hi- end audio (i.e. high resolution / uncompressed music).

I saw a video a few months back of a Tesla upgrade at Safe and Sound. I was blown away and made the trip for a visit. I spoke with the team and decided that I cannot do everything at once, so I had the NVX speaker removed and replaced with an Illusion Carbon C10 subwoofer. I must say that the Illusion sounded much better than the NVX.

For more info on my thought process and a video from safe and sound you can find it here.

Good luck!