Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Battery replacement costing a fortune...Any reliable 3rd party shops near phoenix, AZ who can do it for cheaper price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mahi

Jun 22, 2022
phoenix
My Model S battery seems to have charging issues and when I got it checked with Tesla maintenance shop, they said that I would have to replace my whole battery and it would cost me 22,000$. My S ran out of warranty last year and I am looking for any 3rd party shop in Arizona (preferably in Phoenix) who does tesla battery replacements for cheaper price and are still good at what they do. Any recommendations? Thanks

Gruber has done the best job marketing themselves. There are... concerns about them that haven't been adequately addressed in my opinion. They have no presence here as far as I know. I wouldn't rule them out as a viable path to fixing a broke model S. I would just really like to hear from some of their customers first.

Those other two guys I've mentioned though actually do have a presence here, 057 tech especially.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
I dunno. Slick videos and all but their “repair” methods for S/X packs seem technically dubious based on other expert opinions and I’ve heard many stories at this point that the battery fire they suffered at their facility at the end of last year resulted in a LOT of people left holding the bag because the damages to the cars in their possession far exceeded their insurance to cover the loss.

Call me a skeptic or whatever, but it appears to me their revenue stream at this point is measured in YouTube CPM, not actually fixing cars.

I won't get into the lack of viability of those "repairs"... beating a dead horse at this point. Heard enough horror stories (🔥)... People will either hear the warnings from myself and others, or not... not much else I can do there. I'll just note, again, that repairing or replacing individual cells/modules does not fix anything and, if it seems to function afterwards, guarantees a failure in the short-term.

You can find a bunch of 057 customers here, including in the battery upgrade threads posted over the years. We've worked with thousands of Tesla batteries and have done over 100 replacement/upgrades.

Reactions: gbailey and blodg1
Repairing a cell is only a short term fix. Understood. My concern is will this cell repair lead to car getting onto fire later at some point? I just need a temp fix for my S until i get a new one mid next year.