TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Beta Count

Discussion in 'Model S' started by engle, Nov 27, 2011.

1. engle

engle Member

I was at Santana Row on Sat. 11/26/2011 because there was a beta there. Brought my wife and reservation confirm hoping to get a chance to sit in the front seats, since our factory experience was in the back seat.

One of the Tesla reps told me it is VIN number 20 - an engineering Beta prototype, and engineering said nobody could sit in it. I guess they just borrowed it for the holiday weekend. He also mentioned it is one of the first Beta's "mostly assembled at the factory". Anyway, I was happy they've already built at least 20 beta vehicles.

If anyone sees a Beta in the wild on tour with a VIN number higher than 20, please post it here. We can start tracking highest Beta VIN like michicanmodels tracks reservations.

Thanks!

PS. I mentioned the threads pointing out the lack of a large center console between the front seats. Rep. said he noticed them online, too, but store visitors who see the "S" never raise the issue. I guess the gawkers aren't as obsessed over every detail like us! :biggrin:

2. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

Or, people who are satisfied with the status quo are less likely to post about it than people who are not happy with it.

3. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

I remember at the factory event that the car that was last on the conveyor belt, most closely to being finished (windows in, but no wheels) had a VIN ending in 17. Another guest noticed it because a driver told her two of the betas that were running test rides were 15 and 16.

So we know they have completed at least 3 cars in the last 7 weeks... :p