Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta Test "Rides" and the Fremont, CA, Factory tour!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty concerned about the "each invitation will provide access for two attendees" bit. Do the kids count? Because here's the situation:
1. The wife is not 100% convinced
2. Which means she needs to come and see the car and take a ride
3. Which means we need to bring the kids (why should I have to arrange for babysitting when it would be good for them to check it out too?)

I hope Tesla will be more accomodating of families when trying to show off their family-friendly sedan.
We brought our baby to the Santa Row opening owner's party w/ no problems - I plan to do the same for this event. I'm thinking it's more about planning for food/drink.

I'm sure as they build more betas they'll send them out to the stores - they need to keep building buzz.

I hope/expect they will have charge stations setup for people taking a long drive in the Roadster to the event. I'm easily within range without chargers, but it'd be cool if we could line up all the Roadsters that are there.

I'll need to charge there, too. I can't imagine they wouldn't want to showcase current Roadsters charging at the event, for all sorts of reasons.

Anyone see the Carbon Footprint Elephant-in-the-Room? All this flying to ride in an electric car? Hate to be a party pooper, and I really want to go, but if I do it could only be because I had to be in the close area anyway for some other essential reason.

The European alternative is to see it in March at Geneva, with either electric trains or our own electric rides to take us there.

I'm down here in Los Angeles so the flight shouldn't be that bad. My wife is tentatively on a business trip in early October, so if I go, I may have a spare guest slot. And if Tesla is fair about it, with our two reservations, I should have at least two guest slots.

I'm sad it's reservation holders only, and doesn't include current Roadster owners.

I got the email which states it is for Model S reservation holders but why would they send that email to non-Model S reservation holders? Can someone confirm that this is really just for Model S reservation holders and not for current roadster owners? I think they had a roadster owner event a few months ago but we weren't invited to that either.