Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S body Spots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a black MS. It rained and my wife parked it inside the garage and i didnt drive for 2-3 days and came back today to do a carwash and now the water drops stained the car...see pictures...it wouldnt go away. i even tried putting a little wax and tried to wash it with carwash but nothing is helping...any suggestions on how to get rid of it? i dont want to polish the entire car as i am not a pro and not sure how to polish properly. any help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2958.JPG
    IMG_2958.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2956.JPG
    IMG_2956.JPG
    342.2 KB · Views: 57
If your not comfortable with some major elbow work then you may need to just take it somewhere and let them clean it up. Otherwise it’s easily correctable by yourself. Just a bit of work. Some nice meguiars cleaner/polish would do the trick and then a coat of wax or even better some hybrid ceramic to finish it off and keep it from happening again.
Unfortunately whatever you use that ca; get the water spots off, will also end up removing any waxes and protectant the paint may have left on it. Although doesn’t sound like it had any anyway (hence the spots). I enjoy doing my own detailing but it’s a long slow process and not for everyone.
that’s why There are detail shops on every corner.

Use a random orbital sander (e.g., Griots has several) designed for detailing, and very light polishing compound (I used menzerna super finish 3-500). Or just ask a detailer to help, who will use similar products.

Unless you have some real acid rain, I can’t imagine needing to resort to paint correction at this point. You used a wax, which does nothing to remove the spots. You basically “sealed” them in. :)
A Quick Detailer prob would’ve removed them. I’d use an isopropyl alcohol/water mix on the spots you waxed to strip it and then use a quick detailer to remove the spots. It’s not like the car was baking in the sun for days on end with the spots.