Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Booster Carseat Recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We love our Diono Radian. Can be a little hard to install but it's built like a tank and is narrow so fits well in the back seats.

Agree - 5 yr old and twin 3 yr olds.

3FA7A4B9-3C99-47DE-B8FE-EC00C1E5465A.jpeg
315EDA45-069F-4777-B337-0E8A0E56C47B.jpeg

Car seat or booster? For car seat, Diono Radian RXT. For booster, this $22 Cosco seat at Amazon works great:

https://www.amazon.com/Cosco-Topside-Booster-Car-Seat/dp/B006ZISVSO

Did you also purchase a seatbelt extender?

Reactions: CUBldr97
We love our Diono Radian. Can be a little hard to install but it's built like a tank and is narrow so fits well in the back seats.
Does the radian sit flush against the back and bottom of the seat? Our Diono r100 does not so I am looking for something else. Our 6 yo still falls asleep in the car and since it's not safe for her to slump over, I really want something with a back but haven't been able to find anything.

If you’re looking for a narrow backless booster that fits the Model S (and does not cover the buckle receptacle), I would recommend the Cosco Rise booster. It is a new booster and it is only $10 at Walmart. My kids didn’t like the bubble bum because of the additional steps involved in securing that seat, and this Cosco is a lot easier. I also tried the Harmony youth booster and that too was better than my former standby - the Graco turbo booster - but not as narrow as the Cosco. And for me, a seatbelt extender seemed too risky given the lack of testing and the fact that most of them are not sold by major companies.

Reactions: Sfallert
I have both - the Diono for my 5 year old and the Cosco for my 9 year old. Wish I could still convince my 9 year old to ride in a real car seat - as safe as the Tesla is, I still feel better about having him in a fully enclosed seat.

If using the Cosco, put your kid on the drivers side as the car gets angry/confused when he would accidentally plug into the center buckle when on the passenger side.

I picked up two of these today for my four year olds. Still a little hard for them to buckle themselves in but hopefully with time they’ll figure it out. I had to return the graco brand booster seats since they have a wide base and cover the seat buckles.

I see people in the forum suggest using a seatbelt extender. I for one would never use something like that unless it was approved for car seats, which none of them are.

I also see a post with three car seats in the second row. The owners manual says not to do that as well.

Chicco® KidFit™ Zip Luxe 2-in-1 Belt Positioning Booster Seat in Dolce Limited Availability Attention California Residents Chicco® KidFit™ Zip Luxe 2-in-1 Belt Positioning Booster Seat in Dolce

• Helpful
Reactions: David.85D
It’s been a few years now, but we really liked our cybex booster with z-fix. Very nice stuff.

It has a metal clamp that held it in place to the latch anchors so it wouldn’t flop around when no one was sitting in it.

The kid still used the seatbelt.

And, please don’t use seat belt extenders with car seats. I bought one too, as it seems easier, but then I read some horrifying stories of kids getting unclipped and hurt in accidents. Totally not worth it.

Reactions: Eric M