Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Cabin NVH (Noise, Vibration and Hashness)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove Model 3s this weekend. I found the cabin of the M3 to be noisy at higway speed, mostly wind and noise from other cars, along with some tire noise. Can you guys tell me if the Model S cabin is quiet at highway speed?
yep....the S is very quiet.....My wife's M3 was very noisy....I was very disappointed.....I got some door seals and placed on the door all the way around......then I got some tire well inserts....now it drives like the MS with hardly any noise.....

The biggest issues were tire / road noise....now it is nice to drive...being lower to the ground, the M3 can be susceptible to that kind of noise.....I got my seal and tire well inserts from RPM Tesla....

Reactions: umair239
My new MS has significant wind noise coming from the front passenger door or window. Is this the kind of thing that an SC can fix? I'd sure like to have a quiet cabin at highway speed, but right now it's pretty loud.
mine had the same thing,,,,except it was on the passenger side window....the issue was that passenger side camera glass covering plate had popped out....I opened both doors and took it off.....cleaned and replaced it and made sure the screws were tight.....bottom line is the noise was gone.

My new MS has significant wind noise coming from the front passenger door or window. Is this the kind of thing that an SC can fix? I'd sure like to have a quiet cabin at highway speed, but right now it's pretty loud.

Same issue, SC tried fixing 3 times, including replacement of the seals. They were not able to. I think it has to do with the alignment of the small front window.

yep....the S is very quiet.....My wife's M3 was very noisy....I was very disappointed.....I got some door seals and placed on the door all the way around......then I got some tire well inserts....now it drives like the MS with hardly any noise.....

The biggest issues were tire / road noise....now it is nice to drive...being lower to the ground, the M3 can be susceptible to that kind of noise.....I got my seal and tire well inserts from RPM Tesla....
Thanks. I am waiting for confirmation on the laminated glass for M3 before I order. I will definitely look into the noise reduction kits at RPM.

I test drove Model 3s this weekend. I found the cabin of the M3 to be noisy at higway speed, mostly wind and noise from other cars, along with some tire noise. Can you guys tell me if the Model S cabin is quiet at highway speed?
The S is not quiet for a vehicle of its class. It’s is quieter than the 3 and the air suspension is a noticeable improvement.

Thanks. I am waiting for confirmation on the laminated glass for M3 before I order. I will definitely look into the noise reduction kits at RPM.
The noise reduction kits do little to nothing to quiet the cabin.

You really need a 3rd party to install damping materials and the newer windows should also help. But they are only on the front windows and the glass roof and open rear hatch are great for noises to bounce around.

The mount on the little triangular fixed side window glass by the passenger mirror was broken on mine from the factory... allowing the glass to not fit tight and leak air and water.

The mount on the little triangular fixed side window glass by the passenger mirror was broken on mine from the factory... allowing the glass to not fit tight and leak air and water.
Hallelujah! I just went into the garage to look at the same spot on my car, and the triangular glass is separated from the frame along one side!! I'll set up a repair at the nearby SC. Thanks a million!