Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S cancellation Policy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I know the answer to this, but just wanted to confirm.

For custom model s order after deposit is put. I can still cancel anytime afterwards (I just lose the 2.5k) correct? I can wait until it's closer to my delivery and it's the same if I cancel early?

You should look at the contract, depending on how it is worded you "may" be responsible to buying the car no matter what. For example in real estate, you are on the hook to purchase a home and the seller can go after you for damage if it exceeds he deposit amount. For tesla however, I am pretty sure they will let u off the hook for just the deposit lost.

Why would you cancel?

If Tesla lower the price, do they give you the lower price automatically?

If they come out with new options between ordering and delivery, can you cancel and re-order (forfeiting your 2.5K) or don't Tesla let you order any more?

??

You can cancel even after looking at the car during delivery.

Why are you thinking of cancelling if you do not mind me asking

Why would you cancel?

If Tesla lower the price, do they give you the lower price automatically?

If they come out with new options between ordering and delivery, can you cancel and re-order (forfeiting your 2.5K) or don't Tesla let you order any more?

??

I had an unexpected pipe leak this week that's going to cost me some $. Was thinking of cutting my lost on the 2.5K deposit and just get the model 3 I reserved. That will save me 35K roughly. But still waiting a bit as my HOA (had a litigation) might cover some. Just weighing my options .