Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S carbon fiber rear diffuser?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are interested in a rear diffuser check out our Rear Under Spoiler and Diffuser System. Our Diffuser is available in either impact resistant Urethane or dry carbon fiber. Our dry carbon components are hand made to order right here in Los Angeles not in China. We use advanced production methods to create dry carbon components that are stronger, lighter and more resistant to color change from UV light exposure than the competition. Our parts are also tested to fit like OEM so fit properly the first time
Unplugged-Performance-P85D-Blue-Demo-Car0021.jpg
Unplugged-Performance-P85D-Blue-Demo-Car0020.jpg
Unplugged-Performance-P85D-Blue-Demo-Car0018.jpg

No offense man, but yours is 3x the cost as the one listed. I'm sure you get what you pay for in this case, but $3750 for a rear diffuser is almost out of this world. And I'm speaking from the standpoint of paying for carbon fiber Lotus parts, which are notoriously overpriced already. I can pick up a full set of CF diffusers, splitters and much of an interior for $4k - all made in the US and hand laid. I know you are charging a premium because is Tesla, but that's just simply crazzzzzy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it - if the market bears that, by all means, charge that. But if that Aliexpress Chinese knockoff works and looks good and I were in the market for such, I'd definitely choose that. And a front diffuser. And a CF nose cone.

Take it from me I would not buy any from China direct. I've been burnt on eBay to many times. If you buy it you own it because it will cost an arm and a leg to return it if that is even possible. You won't be able to track it.

Or perhaps the most logical solution is to have it professionally wrapped in carbon fiber. I had mine wrapped. $200 total!

this isn't carbon fiber. that's just a film that looks like it.

The china material isn't carbon fiber either. It's fiberglass with carbon overlays to make it look like it. This production method doesn't have the characteristics of carbon fiber neither.

this isn't carbon fiber. that's just a film that looks like it.

The china material isn't carbon fiber either. It's fiberglass with carbon overlays to make it look like it. This production method doesn't have the characteristics of carbon fiber neither.

Not many here are buying carbon fiber parts because of weight reduction or strength. For the vast majority it's only a style thing.

Reactions: Naonak