Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Carpet Interior Mats - color question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen Model S's for sale before that had sort of a tan or beige colored carpeted floor mat. Not sure if it was factory or not but they looked OEM. That said, I had a Supra back in the day that was black and tan interior with tan carpet and tan floor mats and I swore I would never do tan floor mats again. They look like crap pretty much right away and as soon as I swapped them out for black floor mats my blood pressure & anxiety went down significantly. I made a similar mistake once when ordering WeatherTech floor liners and for the same reasons I sold those and got black ones even though the carpet in the vehicle was a light gray color. The black looked much better for longer. I feel like the play here is black no matter what but I can also understand why somebody might want tan carpet floor mats to match their tan carpet.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
One reason no one puts black carpets in their homes (at least not many people) is that every piece of dirt and debris shows. It has been many, many years since I have owned a car with black interior, for this reason. I have always had tan carpet mats and WeatherTech floor liners, until my Tesla with white interior. Tesla only has black, and I have not found anyone that has any different colors. I hate my black floor liners, but they will still look the same dirty black for longer than the tan (which I would just replace when they age). With my white dog (avatar) the black floor turns a fuzzy white immediately. I usually don't let my car floor get as dirty as this photo, but you get the point. I am dramatic. :)

Attachments

• 20210825_152045.jpg
    20210825_152045.jpg
    778.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Reactions: impastu
I'm just curious if the Tesla provide only Black color Carpet Interior Mats for Model S.

From 2012 to July 2017, Tesla offered Tan color seats (alongside all the other colors) for the Model S. These Tan seats had black lower sections, like the center console, lower carpeting and floor mats.

Starting in July 2017, Tesla introduced the Cream color seats; and with the Cream color seats came the Cream lower sections, which included the center console, lower carpeting and floor mats, (as you can see on this Model S). It's important to note that this configuration was only available for the Model S, as Model X' always had the black lower sections, although they did feature the Cream center console.

On October 2019, Tesla decided to change the Cream interior and returned the lower sections back to black, highlighting that: "We have improved the Model S Cream interior in all markets to make it better-looking and more durable. Starting today, all new Model S configured with Cream interior are now produced with black carpets and black floor mats."

This configuration remains, as the new Palladium Model S' with Cream seats still have the black lower sections, (as you can see on this Model S).

My interior is cream and cream carpet mats would look much better.

I'm pretty sure you can order the Cream floor mats from your local Tesla Service Center. Just schedule a Service appointment through the Tesla app and request Over The Counter (OTC) Parts in the "Other" and "Something else" section.

Last edited:
Can I use Model 2012-2020 | Model S Carpet Interior Mats in the refreshed model S, or the interior floor measurements are different from the prior model S?
Thanks for any reply.

AM

One reason no one puts black carpets in their homes (at least not many people) is that every piece of dirt and debris shows. It has been many, many years since I have owned a car with black interior, for this reason. I have always had tan carpet mats and WeatherTech floor liners, until my Tesla with white interior. Tesla only has black, and I have not found anyone that has any different colors. I hate my black floor liners, but they will still look the same dirty black for longer than the tan (which I would just replace when they age). With my white dog (avatar) the black floor turns a fuzzy white immediately. I usually don't let my car floor get as dirty as this photo, but you get the point. I am dramatic. :)

I'd get the dogs fur dyed...problem solved😁

• Love
Reactions: MitchMitch
I know it's been a while since you posted this, but just in case you're still looking, I have a set of Tesla model S beige carpet mats which I don't use anymore... up here it rains a lot, so I've change to rubber mats. Make me an offer! :)

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but just in case you're still looking, I have a set of Tesla model S beige carpet mats which I don't use anymore... up here it rains a lot, so I've change to rubber mats. Make me an offer! :)

What year, pre raven? I have a 2015.

I don't expect them to be perfect, but do you think they can be cleaned?

A pic would be nice if you can...