Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Carpet mat recommendations?

TigerNinety

Jun 22, 2016
Silver Spring, MD
Hello!

When I bought my used 2016.5 MS75D from Tesla, it came with Tesla’s all weather mats, but no carpet mats. I still think I got the better deal (instead of coming with carpet and needing to buy all weather mats), but the all weather mats give the car a less luxurious feel. For my birthday, I’m thinking about treating myself to carpet mats for everything but the winter season.

Any recommendations? What I’ve read in this forum suggests that Tesla’s mats are not of high quality?

Thanks,

Todd

D Unit

Dec 3, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Personally, I can't stand all weather mats and have been looking for something better than the stock Tesla carpet mats. My top 2 choices are Maxpider Elegant Mats or LLoyds Velourtex mats.

Muzzman1

Feb 8, 2014
Los Angeles
Funny, I just replaced the mats on my MS and my wife's MX and I have to say Im super pleased with the quality and the mounting system from lloydmatsstore.com I got us the Velourtex Floor Mats.
I wanted a carpet replacement. I don't like all weather.
These are like a much tougher plusher version of the OEM, but with a better fit and a excellent mounting system.

TigerNinety

Jun 22, 2016
Silver Spring, MD
Funny, I just replaced the mats on my MS and my wife's MX and I have to say Im super pleased with the quality and the mounting system from lloydmatsstore.com I got us the Velourtex Floor Mats.
I wanted a carpet replacement. I don't like all weather.
These are like a much tougher plusher version of the OEM, but with a better fit and a excellent mounting system.
Many thanks! This is the second or third recommendation for Lloyd Mats, so I’ll have a look!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC