Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Carpet mat recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

When I bought my used 2016.5 MS75D from Tesla, it came with Tesla’s all weather mats, but no carpet mats. I still think I got the better deal (instead of coming with carpet and needing to buy all weather mats), but the all weather mats give the car a less luxurious feel. For my birthday, I’m thinking about treating myself to carpet mats for everything but the winter season.

Any recommendations? What I’ve read in this forum suggests that Tesla’s mats are not of high quality?

Thanks,

Todd

Funny, I just replaced the mats on my MS and my wife's MX and I have to say Im super pleased with the quality and the mounting system from lloydmatsstore.com I got us the Velourtex Floor Mats.
I wanted a carpet replacement. I don't like all weather.
These are like a much tougher plusher version of the OEM, but with a better fit and a excellent mounting system.

Funny, I just replaced the mats on my MS and my wife's MX and I have to say Im super pleased with the quality and the mounting system from lloydmatsstore.com I got us the Velourtex Floor Mats.
I wanted a carpet replacement. I don't like all weather.
These are like a much tougher plusher version of the OEM, but with a better fit and a excellent mounting system.
Many thanks! This is the second or third recommendation for Lloyd Mats, so I’ll have a look!

Hey guys - I'm looking for some carpet floor mats for my 2016 MS. I got rid of the stock carpet mats because they didn't anchor to the floor very well and bunched up under my feet (unsightly and unsafe). I got a full set of the 3D MAXpider mats, which don't slide around, but I've gotta say I really don't love the way they look (plastic logo on them) and the fit really isn't that amazing (they lift off the floor a little bit in the middle).

Anyway, I noticed that after being absent from the online store for a long time, carpeted mats are back online at the Tesla accessories shop:

Has anybody tried these? I'm curious if they anchor to the floor any better than the old ones - or if they're just the same as the old ones...

BTW @Muzzman1 - what do you mean the Lloyd mats have an "excellent mounting system"? You mean the way they're anchored to the floor so as to not slide around? I loooove the sound of that - will be checking them out for sure.

Brian

Yes,
they come with anchors you "screw" into the underlying carpet and the literally hook the floor mats in place. Since I bought them for my cars, the mats have not budged.
I sold my MS, but my wife's MX was notorious for bunching up floor mats on the drivers side. Since the lloyd mats, they have not moved a millimeter.

Reactions: bwherry
Mine came with OEM carpet mats and they did the same, bunched up at towards the feet. I hated them.

Bought some all weather mats because they seemed to be common here, so thought I'd give them a try. I didn't like the feel at all, and personally felt like they should be in a off-road truck/suv.

I finally ended up with the Lloyds Luxe mats, supposed to be the nicest and I love them. They came with anchors to hold in place, but I was too lazy to install them at first. Turns out the aren't required in my case, they don't budge, even without their supplied anchors. I'm a big guy and need to push and pull myself out of my seat, the OEM's would move and bunch up every time!

They were kinda pricey, but I only did the front mats for now, and put the rear OEM carpeted mat back in, since only my kids really sit back there and their feet don't even touch the floor, lol.

I will add one caveat, there were 2 colors to choose from that seemed to go with our interior color. The ebony and black. I read here the ebony was more of a charcoal color was a shade light and didn't match exactly. I went black, and it's a shade darker, and doesn't match 100%. Not terrible in my opinion, but for the money, I wish they were spot on.

I will add one caveat, there were 2 colors to choose from that seemed to go with our interior color. The ebony and black. I read here the ebony was more of a charcoal color was a shade light and didn't match exactly. I went black, and it's a shade darker, and doesn't match 100%. Not terrible in my opinion, but for the money, I wish they were spot on.
Ahh, thanks. I went with the black - but figure if anything with the crazy amount of sun here in SoCal the dark might lighten a little bit... We'll see! I ordered a Velourtex set just now. 👍