Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Model S] CCS adapter and older evolt chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I drive a Model S and have just replaced my old Chademo adapter for a new CCS one. However, it doesn’t seem to work with many of the older evolt chargers in the Chargeplace Scotland network. CPS seem to be aware of the issue but don’t seem to be interested in resolving it. Tesla don’t seem to be interested either, simply stating that the problem is with the charger. I think it might concern differing levels of the CCS standard. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks!

I've found these older CPS Evolts are always a bit flaky. On my Model 3 it can be a bit temperamental getting the old Evolts to handshake with the car. Sometimes a software reboot at the car end sorts it and sometimes I find I have to start the charge BEFORE I connect the CCS cable to the car. Sometimes I just give up and go somewhere else but the funny thing is the same charger can work fine one day and point blank refuse to start a charge on another.

I think the car is fussy and too quick to time out and the charger is slow to start the handshake sometimes.

Upvote 0