TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Celebrities

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mcornwell, Feb 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

#1 mcornwell, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    In an article on the Model X today: Tesla Shows Gull-Wing Electric SUV Ahead of Model S Sales - Businessweek
    it was mentioned that actor/producer Jon Favreau is on the Model S waiting list. I also remember hearing that ex-NBA player and former co-host of the now defunct SpeedTV "The Car Show", John Salley was on the waiting list.

I think some celebs driving around in Model S's would be great free advertising for the company...

2. onlinespending

I remember seeing Dominic Monaghan of Lost fame say on Top Gear US that he was on the reservation list.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Maybe they can do an ad campaign with celebrities saying "I am a Tesla" or something. Ok, maybe there is a reason I'm not in advertising:smile:

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

There were celebrities driving the EV1, the Prius and the Roadster...there will be some driving the Model S.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Toyota orchestrated a groundbreaking celebrity campaign seeding Hollywood. Not as organic as it seemed on the outside.

6. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

I suppose they will drive up to the red carpet to come out of the falcon door... ;)

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Yeah it's pretty hard to look graceful on the carpet in a long dress getting out of the Roadster. :)

8. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

According to this WSJ article, world renown Biologist Craig Venter is a Roadster owner and is also on the Model S waiting list...

(Venter was on the cover of Wired magazine a while ago) cover12_08.jpg

"It's pretty cool driving with no tailpipe," says J. Craig Venter, the biotechnology entrepreneur and a Roadster owner. Mr. Venter says he is in line for a Model S because he wants an electric car he can drive from his institute's campus in San Diego to Los Angeles, and bring some other people along. The Model S will join a collection that includes some motorcycles and a 2006 Aston Martin convertible, Mr. Venter says.

The Aston "doesn't get great gas mileage," he says. But "it sounds great."

9. de704

de704 XP268

10. ahimberg

ahimberg Member

11. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Wonder if he tried to get higher up the list... Being a celeb's gotta have some perks, no?

12. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

Cool, I'll have my Model S before Seth Green... ;)

13. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

#13 W.Petefish, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Something like this:

14. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

We are Tesla, hear us, well actually, you don't hear anything and that's part of the point... ;)

15. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

Cue "The Sound of Silence" ...

BTW, Leno has a Volt - not that it has done much to improve its demand.

16. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

#16 BYT_P1837, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    Doesn't Leno also have a Roadster? I remember seeing him drive one on his car show. Leno's Garage I think it's called? Yup, here is the link: Jay Leno's Garage - 2010 Tesla Roadster 2.5 | Tesla

EDIT: He keeps calling it a "Tesler" ;) I can't find anywhere if he actually purchased one, but he really seemed interested in doing just that at the end of the video.

17. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Well, for what its worth, Fisker Karma owners include Leo DiCaprio, Taylor Lautner, Ashton Kutcher and the Biebs. Colin Powell and Al Gore are also owners, as are a number of sports and music folks.

18. Yea I think Fisker has more "celebrity cred" than the Tesla, at least in my part of the country. Two biggest questions I get are "Is it a Lotus?", if they know its electric (usually because of the Access stickers) they ask if its a Fisker....Kinda weird but true.

19. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

The S yes, Roadster no. But the Roadster is old news anyway. If it's more than a week it's old news.

20. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

As soon as it's left the editor's desk it's old news...