Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grizzlies center Marc Gasol drove 400 miles in a Tesla to New Orleans for the NBA All-Star Game

Memphis Grizzlies center Marc Gasol arrived at the NBA All-Star Game in New Olreans in style.

Instead of taking a short flight down to New Orleans, Gasol decided to drive his Tesla.

Gasol posted a picture as he prepared for the 400-mile journey. Teslas must be roomy if Gasol, who is 7-foot-1 (260 lbs), is comfortable making the long trip in one.

Interesting. I'm a foot shorter, and I barely have enough headroom.

if you look at his display, it's a tesla model x, not a model s, which explains his comfort level.

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 4.49.18 PM.png

Well, it may have been his wife but we could assume that eric drives it sometimes?

Kevin Durant.

Thanks for sharing this. I've pretty much boycotted both NBA (National Free Throw League) and NFL (No Fun League) myself, because championships of recent years have seemed to be off-the-wall bogus in their final results. But it's nice to see that Kevin has such a mature outlook on this year's NBA Finals, and an apparent healthy respect for the game. That's nice to see.

Though... I typically recommend that famous multimillionaires resist the temptation to drive their own cars in public. I'm like, "Dude. Get a Driver! You can afford it!" Not enough of them realize that they are targets, not only of the paparazzi, but also of those looking to do insurance scams. Worse yet, potential kidnapping plots. Better to have a professional behind the wheel, one who can not only act as a witness, but as a protector. At a certain level of wealth, it is best to keep one's driving enthusiasm to a closed course with readily available fire/life safety response personnel on hand.

• Funny
Reactions: 206er
People climbing all over his model S. Security / police trying to keep people away !
KD is definitely a people's champion! A few years ago he showed up in Seattle to play in a local pro-am summer league game in the gym the size of a high school gym and stayed afterward in a car out back for a looong time signing autographs for seemingly everyone who wanted one. $5 to watch the game, all proceeds donated to charity. Coolest basketball experience I've ever been a part of, and it's super inspiring to know that he now rolls in a Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: croman and Red Sage