Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read in an obit for Larry Hagman that he previously had a roadster, and was awaiting a model S when he died. Sad.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dallas-larry-hagman-death-linda-394672

Linda Gray said:
When we went into his room, he looked good and was sitting up in bed, but then he said, "I have two weeks to live." And we were like: "Are you kidding? We have scenes on Monday!" Then we talked about how he'd ordered the new Tesla electric car and said, "You can't die until you drive the Tesla." And he perked up and said, "Yeah, I've got the Tesla coming and the scenes with you."

Lee Unkrich (director of Toy Story 3) is picking up his Model S tomorrow at the factory (P#360)
Yep. Lee and his family (and his dachshund!) were with me and my son on our Factory tour today (saturday) at the 1pm delivery "event".

Not exactly a warm, nice guy... looked like he couldn't believe he wasn't getting a private tour from Elan himself, so he and his wife were really grumpy the whole time. not a kind word or even pleasantries to the amazing and kind, tireless tour guides from Tesla, and certainly not to me or my son, despite our attempt to just introduce ourselves at the start of the tour. Made for a pretty awkward hour-long tour... which probably would have been longer but he was just so grumpy and made it clear he wanted it to just be over with!

He was definitely very "Hollywood" and not "Silicon Valley". But I like to assume the best in people, so I'll just guess he had a really bad day for some reason or wasn't feeling well.

No biggie, the tour was amazing... and my son and I loved every minute of it, even with Grumpy pixar dude being all impatient and trying to speed us all along.

How many were there, at the event and/or factory tour? Are you posting about it in another thread?
It was just them and me and my son (and father-in-law who wanted to come along). two families on the tour together. didn't post elsewhere about it. will try to, but I'm nowhere near the first at these "events"... they've been going on since wednesday, 3-4 times per day. so figured the info was all out there already. And they don't allow any pictures or video during the tour... none. very strict about it.

Yep. Lee and his family (and his dachshund!) were with me and my son on our Factory tour today (saturday) at the 1pm delivery "event".

Not exactly a warm, nice guy... looked like he couldn't believe he wasn't getting a private tour from Elan himself, so he and his wife were really grumpy the whole time. not a kind word or even pleasantries to the amazing and kind, tireless tour guides from Tesla, and certainly not to me or my son, despite our attempt to just introduce ourselves at the start of the tour. Made for a pretty awkward hour-long tour... which probably would have been longer but he was just so grumpy and made it clear he wanted it to just be over with!

He was definitely very "Hollywood" and not "Silicon Valley". But I like to assume the best in people, so I'll just guess he had a really bad day for some reason or wasn't feeling well.

No biggie, the tour was amazing... and my son and I loved every minute of it, even with Grumpy pixar dude being all impatient and trying to speed us all along.

This is a problem with many "celebrities" and the problem our culture creates by giving them unremitting adoration even when they don't deserve it. I used to work in the theatre and had a lot of exposure to "stars."
Some were quite humble and treated everyone with equanimity. But many others were arrogant, narcissistic, conceited SOBs and acted as if we all needed to grovel at their feet. I try to avoid celebrities as much as possible and in every way I can. I walk the other way when I see one.

Hollywood Reporter cites Morgan Freeman as an owner, along with media and studio execs:

Tesla Model S: Morgan Freeman, Jim Berk Among Owners of the Sexy All-Electric Sedan - Hollywood Reporter
Anyone notice this quote?:
"Not even Charlize Theron in nothing but her couture cloak from Snow White & the Huntsman behind the wheel could make a Prius sexy," says Matt Hardigree, editor of car blog Jalopnik.com. "The Model S is faster than a BMW M5, has a longer range than any other pure electric car and looks like the future."
Seems like high praise form Matt.