Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I understand all of that. But for them to know early enought to get on the signature list or earlier Rez number is surprising. They are not ones to jump on lists right away, but wait for someone to put them on the list or offer it to them free. Does that make sense?
I can't see Cameron Diaz on her computer soon after the car was announced putting her deposit down? Or maybe she is on this forum? Hi Cameron!:biggrin:

Well, it may have been an assistant who actually completed the form, but I don't see why they wouldn't have placed an early reservation.

But for them to know early enought to get on the signature list or earlier Rez number is surprising.

The signature openings were not filled until about 6 months to a year ago (don't remember exactly)...which I wouldn't consider to be early. By that time, knowledge of the car had been public for years, the alphas had been seen, and perhaps even some betas as I recall.

The signature openings were not filled until about 6 months to a year ago (don't remember exactly)...which I wouldn't consider to be early. By that time, knowledge of the car had been public for years, the alphas had been seen, and perhaps even some betas as I recall.
For the U.S. market, it was originally filled in January 2012. And then spots reopened, and the list expanded somewhat, etc.

Actor Don Cheadle drives a Model S

Was watching TMZ and they had a bit with Don Cheadle, he got into his car and right away I noticed the T on the steering wheel followed by the huge center display
I absolutely love him, now even more so

This may have been known already, I'm just excited that he owns one

I'm not sure if it was known, but it makes this easier to understand:

Tesla Model S in the Movies and TV

See post #21-31...In this season's premier of the Showtime TV show House of Lies, Don Cheadle's character rolls up to his ex-wife's house in a Model S

Was watching TMZ and they had a bit with Don Cheadle, he got into his car and right away I noticed the T on the steering wheel followed by the huge center display

This may have been known already, I'm just excited that he owns one

I just found out that Ray Parker Jr. has taken delivery of a Black Model S with dark 21 inch wheels. The delivery can found on YouTube.
There's something strange (in a good way) in his neighborhood now.

Looks like he's got the motion smoothing feature enabled on his camera. It gives me a headache. (Especially noticeable at 1080p on 30" monitor.)

Nose cone looks like general production (non-sig). No spoiler. Looks like black paint to me, rather than blue.

Last edited:
Wanted to share a funny experience I had driving my car in Washington, DC today. While stopped at a red light I saw a couple well dressed men admiring my car. I could read their lips saying "What car is that?" so I rolled down the passenger window and told the first that it was a Tesla Model S to which he replied, "Nice, I can dig it!" The second man chuckled and asked if I knew who that man was. No - he's a Washington Redskin! Well, he should head over to the DC Store and put his order in. Hey Tesla, I'll take a set of those rear child seats for all of the endorsements I've made ;-)

I would suggest that, given my experience (looks, questions, paparazzi photos, "Tesla Time", etc.), all of us that own Model S cars are celebrities. :)

I've only had my car for about a week now and I totally agree! I had a guy jump out of the car behind me at a red light run around the car to take a pic and then dash back with a huge grin and thumbs up. I've noticed more than a few cell phone cameras pointed in my direction, just haven't seen my car show up on the Random Sightings thread... yet.

saw don cheadle on the sony lot today in his newly washed black ms. he saw my grey one on his way out. someone walking by commented "wow, they're givin' these teslas out like candy, huh?" expensive candy. but it's true, i've seen many more around this town recently.

and, saw elon musk outside the vanity fair oscar party sunday night, drove up in his black ms. i was in a hire car so no ms for me, but i did tell him i was a proud owner and keep up the good work beating back the new york times. (that could have been a much longer convo, and he graciously seemed very ready to talk with me, but i insisted he go join his group.. not gonna be the guy who talks his ear off on his way into a party...:) ).

saw don cheadle on the sony lot today in his newly washed black ms. he saw my grey one on his way out. someone walking by commented "wow, they're givin' these teslas out like candy, huh?" expensive candy. but it's true, i've seen many more around this town recently.

and, saw elon musk outside the vanity fair oscar party sunday night, drove up in his black ms. i was in a hire car so no ms for me, but i did tell him i was a proud owner and keep up the good work beating back the new york times. (that could have been a much longer convo, and he graciously seemed very ready to talk with me, but i insisted he go join his group.. not gonna be the guy who talks his ear off on his way into a party...:) ).

Saw Elon Musk at a film premiere party a couple of weeks ago. I introduced myself by my reservation number and he seemed amused. Chatted a bit about some experiences in South Africa. Overall, a very genuine engaging guy IMHO.

My wife's boy-crush, Darren Criss, appears to have recently gotten an S.

andystj

I would say you are correct! And Blue (tan interior?) no less! He has good taste ;-)

Aaron

tumblr_mipemiAkLy1r4gxc3o1_1280.jpg