Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lionel_cropped.jpg

Lionel Richie?

His Son-in-law is Joel Madden. Joel's brother Benji is married to Cameron Diaz who also has a Model S...

Sources:

Instagram [joelmadden (My edit.)]

Lionel Richies Tesla Model S | Celebrity Cars Blog

Last edited:
@Lump - looks like you may be right on Rihanna, no confirmation yet on if she's a Tesla owner. There are some pix on Tumblr where she's walking around the Model S, but, it's not clear if the Model S is her car or not:
Rihanna

On the other hand, I feel guilty posting these (but at least it's still exposing the car to more folks out there)... it appears some more small-time R&B/pop singers are putting Tesla in their videos, not sure I can say I like the music at all - yikes, but I definitely like the car! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been noted in this thread, but New Orleans Saints starting QB Drew Brees drives a Tesla.

Today I was at lunch in Del Mar and parked my car in a 2-hour spot near the UPS store. Coming back to the car after eating lunch, I see a Tesla parked near mine with the trunk open. My first thought is "damn, somehow must have popped the trunk while we were walking in", but then I see a guy loading some boxes into the trunk and I realize that my car is a couple of spots down. So I think nothing more and am about to move on to my car when my buddy says "hey - that's Drew Brees!". Sure enough, he was taking a delivery of some large packages at the UPS store and loading them into his car. It was definitely a P85, but I couldn't see if it was a P85+. It was real dirty - I was temped to tell him to get a car wash.

No pics, because I would feel silly standing there taking pics of the guy. I just said "hey Drew: nice car!" and drove off in mine.

Not sure if this has been noted in this thread, but New Orleans Saints starting QB Drew Brees drives a Tesla.

Today I was at lunch in Del Mar and parked my car in a 2-hour spot near the UPS store. Coming back to the car after eating lunch, I see a Tesla parked near mine with the trunk open. My first thought is "damn, somehow must have popped the trunk while we were walking in", but then I see a guy loading some boxes into the trunk and I realize that my car is a couple of spots down. So I think nothing more and am about to move on to my car when my buddy says "hey - that's Drew Brees!". Sure enough, he was taking a delivery of some large packages at the UPS store and loading them into his car. It was definitely a P85, but I couldn't see if it was a P85+. It was real dirty - I was temped to tell him to get a car wash.

No pics, because I would feel silly standing there taking pics of the guy. I just said "hey Drew: nice car!" and drove off in mine.

What color was it? I wonder how he gets it back and forth between San Diego and New Orleans because he's definitely been seen in New Orleans in his Tesla (and I just doubt he drives it himself back and forth to the West Coast). This is a scene along the airport road in New Orleans when the team returns from an away game:

Screenshot 2015-02-23 19.39.58.png

What color was it? I wonder how he gets it back and forth between San Diego and New Orleans because he's definitely been seen in New Orleans in his Tesla (and I just doubt he drives it himself back and forth to the West Coast). This is a scene along the airport road in New Orleans when the team returns from an away game:
Looked like it was metallic blue - same as the apparent color in that pic although it was so dirty I supposed it could have been black or dark green. Judging from the registration sticker on the windshield, it looks like the car in that pic was registered in California. So that's either the same car, or he bought 2 of the same color and keeps one in New Orleans, although it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to register a car in California if you are keeping it in Louisiana.

If it is the same car, interesting that he brings it back and forth to Louisiana. Wonder if he has someone drive it for him or just ships it.

Last edited: