Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Center console - Can it be removed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Wife has been looking at a new Model S and is concerned about the center console. Her treasured 2014 Model S does not have one and she likes that very much because she has a place for her stuff.
We looked at a Model S yesterday which has a center console. Can this be removed? The youngster at the showroom said it was part of the car structure and could not. What is your opinion??

Tnx, Eric

My Wife has been looking at a new Model S and is concerned about the center console. Her treasured 2014 Model S does not have one and she likes that very much because she has a place for her stuff.
We looked at a Model S yesterday which has a center console. Can this be removed? The youngster at the showroom said it was part of the car structure and could not. What is your opinion??

Tnx, Eric
Pretty sure it is not there are bolts attaching it underneath the mat in the front compartment

Depends on the year and what console is there. If it's an aftermarket dropped in then yeah. For a short period Tesla had a drop-in which can also be removed (with a little bit more effort). After about 6 months or so they made a new center console that looks similar as the previous console w/said insert but it's molded as one entire piece. No way to remove it.

Personally, having owned several of both versions... I MUCH prefer having the center console. So much more functional. That said, I liked the previous Tesla Drop-in version to the newer 1-piece as the cup holder area was much larger and allowed me to put two 30oz tumblers in it if I arranged the separators just so. The new one has far less of an opening which makes putting even one tumbler and smaller cup/can in there challenging.