TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S charge connector in UK / Free Chargers

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Alan, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Alan

Alan Member

Hi,

Does anyone know if the connector type for the Model S in the UK has been confirmed yet. J1772 or something else?

The reason I want to know now is that I am planning on taking advantage of one of the free home charger install offers going at the moment. I am keen to get a charger with a tethered lead so its just a case of driving up and plugging in rather than getting a cable out of the car. To do this I need to be sure I have the right connector.

Thx
    Alan

2. charliestyr

charliestyr EVangelist

It has been announced that the Model S in Europe (and the UK) is a "Type 2" connector, aka "Mennekes" connector.

Here's a photo of it (a suspected prototype version, but still)

9182499018_92562c0d96_c.jpg

photo credit goes to doug :)

Charlie -

3. Dan43

Dan43 Member