Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S charge plug & socket adapters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone posted in another thread an answer he got from Tesla (forget who and where... hundreds of postings in the last couple of days). The response was that it's NEMA 14-50.

Yes. I got that confirmed at the Toronto event (and others have as well). I seem to recall them also saying that different areas will have different adapters coming with the car (ie. it's pointless to have certain adapters where the infrastructure does not exist). I didn't ask him to clarify the comment - he may have been referring to 3-phase in Europe, or the fact that in Manitoba we basically have nothing beyond NEMA 14-50 anyway.

Tesla new Charging Page has new info.

adapters.jpg

PS
Tesla webteam I think the faucet is broken.

Last edited:
To be clear: I faked that picture. The "on-board charger" is a BRUSA NLG6. In contrast to that, Tesla indicated they might cram 3 of their 10kW on-board units into the charger bay, connecting each one to a different phase, and deal with the excess thermal load. I am by no way qualified to judge the electric efficiency of that, but the economical efficiency seems to be top priority here.