Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Charging Socket or UMC to J1772 plus adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi There,

First post here. My wife and I got a lovely red Model S last weekend. Its been great so far but but since she contributed more of the cash and has the longer commute, she will drive it most days to work. This has left me with EV envy already so I signed up for a Fiat 500e as two Model S's will not with in our garage and my commute is only 3 miles each way (I really should ride my bike but there are now showers at my office).

I installed a NEMA 14-50 socket in the garage but my wife is already in the habit of using the free charging at her office so our UMC just hangs in the garage. I'd love to use the UMC to charge the 500e to a) save the cost/hassle of another EVSE and b) swapping between chargers in the 14-50 socket every day. On this forum, I've read of good signal compatibility between the Model S plug and J1772.

Does anyone know where I could look for a UMC Model S plug to J1772 plug adapter (the reverse of normal)?

Any suggestions on where to find a Model S charging socket to build my own?

Thanx,
Trent

- - - Updated - - -

Subject should say:

Model S Charging Socket or UMC to J1772 plug adapter?

I think you'll have more luck with upgrading the EVSE that will come with the 500e to plug into your 240v outlet. If your commute is minimal, you will likely only need to trickle charge on your standard 110v outlet. I'm making an assumption that the 500e will be more like the LEAF than the Model S, as far as the included EVSE.