Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Chicago

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ibcs

Jan 31, 2010
Ohio
Saturday is the preview party for the Model S in Chicago. Roadster owners and Model S reservation holders got a special Saturday invitation. Very excited to see the Model S in person. Other people can see the Model S starting on Monday.

As anyone else gone to one of these showings?

What's that have to do with an app for the phones, which I'm pretty sure is what dsm is asking about?

-Shark2k
Yeah. I meant for a smartphone. If the Model S doesn't have the same feature as the Nissan Leaf, it will be a big disappointment. I understand why they haven't put the resources towards a Roadster smartphone app due to limited engineering resources but they will have plenty of time to work on this for the Model S.

No special day for those of us who own small amounts of stock or who covered the Chicago store opening? I should be in Chicago on Tuesday. May have enough time of a layover I could catch a cab down the street to the Tesla store for a quick viewing.

The store is a fairly short cab ride from Union Station Chicago.

Last edited:
I went to see Model S in Chicago today. Actually first time I saw the car in person. They had a prototype only (can't touch, can't seat)... but it looked drop dead gorgeous inside out. Unfortunately I forgot the camera, so only have lousy pictures from my BlackBerry. Not much news on a specs front, they don't know the options / packages / pricing and don't even know what signature series options / pricing would be like. They felt this information should be available by October, but were pretty comfortable AWD will not make it to Model S, but would be introduced in Model X.

Tesla Model S in Chicago

Just got back from the Tesla Chicago. It was a very nice event. Talked to Christi from the West Coast marketing group and all the staff from Tesla Chicago. Had a very nice turn out and the Model S in person is awesome. The entertainment system is more impressive in person. The Model S was the prototype and it is roped off. You can look in, but not actually sit in the car at this point. I did take quite a few pictures for all that could not make the event.

It was very nice talking to other reservation holders. The best news was that test drives will be starting in early 2012!

They did not have any further details on pricing, charging connectors that is not already on the web site. They did add more answers on the Model S page under FAQ.

Attachments

• IMG_3390.JPG
    IMG_3390.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_3383.JPG
    IMG_3383.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_3386.JPG
    IMG_3386.JPG
    356.9 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3379.JPG
    IMG_3379.JPG