Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Chrome Delete Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I have a new to me 2015 P85D I bought in 7/18. I had the wheels powdercoated satin black and just finished a big sound system for it.

Now I'm moving on to the chrome delete for the rest of the car. I'm in Orange County, and I've had two quotes so far, one for $900 and another for $985. I know there are allot of folks on here that have done the chrome delete on their model S's and wanted to see what the range was that everyone has paid. Thanks.

Matt

Hi there,

I have a new to me 2015 P85D I bought in 7/18. I had the wheels powdercoated satin black and just finished a big sound system for it.

Now I'm moving on to the chrome delete for the rest of the car. I'm in Orange County, and I've had two quotes so far, one for $900 and another for $985. I know there are allot of folks on here that have done the chrome delete on their model S's and wanted to see what the range was that everyone has paid. Thanks.

Matt
Just did mine last week. I got the wheels powdercoated for $500 (also did satin black ironically enough) and had the chrome delete done for $1000. I did have most of my chrome delete done in carbon fiber though, which might explain why mine was a bit more than what you were quoted. Seems to be a good quote though based on my experience

I'm up in Valencia by Magic Mountain. Very good vinyl shop here called One11ink. Did my entire model s including tinting windows for $600. All chrome including door handles etc. Just sent a buddy to them last week and he did the same as well. If you going to do it ask for Chris

I'm up in Valencia by Magic Mountain. Very good vinyl shop here called One11ink. Did my entire model s including tinting windows for $600. All chrome including door handles etc. Just sent a buddy to them last week and he did the same as well. If you going to do it ask for Chris

Wow, that's a crazy deal. How could it be so much cheaper than all the places here. The window tinting at minimum is $300, so they chrome deleted your whole car for like $300? That's crazy. May be worth the trip up there to save circal $500.

He does great work...look up their instagram page. My other buddy did his S class and new Navigator also. S class was around $600 including the grill which is massive and the new Navigator was around $7-800 I think including window tint and complete blackout

51CF377A-CB95-4A06-9CD3-CE00F725134E.jpeg

Reactions: Siggy101
Keep in mind that you typically get what you pay, so make sure your expectations are in line with you're getting. Some people quote way less than others if they only cover the face of the S door handles and not the portion that extends out. Same goes for window trims too and the end plates on those when you open the doors.

dsc09953-jpg.304704

Keep in mind that you typically get what you pay, so make sure your expectations are in line with you're getting. Some people quote way less than others if they only cover the face of the S door handles and not the portion that extends out. Same goes for window trims too and the end plates on those when you open the doors.

dsc09953-jpg.304704

NO doubt! I'd be sure that was clear before scheduling everything.

He does great work...look up their instagram page. My other buddy did his S class and new Navigator also. S class was around $600 including the grill which is massive and the new Navigator was around $7-800 I think including window tint and complete blackout

Thanks for the recommendation, I live in Santa Clarita so I'm going to contact him. Did he do a full wrap on your door handles?

After seeing the prices folks mentioned on this thread, I emailed Chris at One11ink yesterday. The quote I received from him for the chrome delete for my Model S was substantially more than anyone here has stated ($800 for chrome delete only - no window tint)...so either folks are not being honest about what they are paying, or their price went up...

After seeing the prices folks mentioned on this thread, I emailed Chris at One11ink yesterday. The quote I received from him for the chrome delete for my Model S was substantially more than anyone here has stated ($800 for chrome delete only - no window tint)...so either folks are not being honest about what they are paying, or their price went up...
Mine was $1000 as I stated in the second post of this thread, this does not include window tint, as I had that done earlier by someone else. I had mine done in carbon fiber though on everything but door handles. Think $800 is a good price

@grantgro83 I would agree that $800 is a fair price, depending on materials used and quality / thoroughness of the work, of course. My complaint was directed at the earlier posts stating $600 for chrome delete and window tint at the same shop, which seemed unlikely at best to me, and what was the reason I emailed them for a quote, since they are a local shop I hadn't heard of previously.