Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Chrome Delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone in the Philadelphia area had their chrome wrapped by a local shop. I see the chrome delete kits online, but I think I would prefer to have this done professionally. I am also looking for a ballpark on what this should cost. I am looking for Satin Black
Thanks

Tom
2019 Raven Model Performance

I did mine myself with the TeslaBros kit; it is NOT for the faint of heart and not near as easy as they make it look in their YouTube tutorials. I spent FOREVER doing it and would recommend just paying a pro. It seems the going rate is $1,000-1,500

I did mine myself with the TeslaBros kit; it is NOT for the faint of heart and not near as easy as they make it look in their YouTube tutorials. I spent FOREVER doing it and would recommend just paying a pro. It seems the going rate is $1,000-1,500

Thanks I was watching the TeslaBros videos and I am going to tak your advice! Appreciate the feedback
Tom

Reactions: SBDPlaid
Has anyone in the Philadelphia area had their chrome wrapped by a local shop. I see the chrome delete kits online, but I think I would prefer to have this done professionally. I am also looking for a ballpark on what this should cost. I am looking for Satin Black
Thanks

Tom
2019 Raven Model Performance

I got pricing on yelp, mostly detail shops. In CA pricing is about $600 and up.

I bought a roll and tried it myself, did OK But pull it off because I cut one tiny area too short. Hardest part is the mirrors but if you use knife less tape it makes it easier.

All of the cool kids go with satin black.

20200627_184352.jpg
20200627_184441.jpg

Hi Ostrichsak
Black bumper in the front of your car. Is that something you installed?
Also the piece below the doors on my car is red whereas you have black (which looks better).

Thanks
Satya
Black bumper in the front of my car? Sounds like maybe you have a newer Model S that has the refreshed front end w/o the nosecone and the lower portion on the side is color-keyed.