Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going with this for now...

SOAMPED.jpg

This definitely wasn't my first pick, but my wife is very excited to have it on her Model S:

IMG_5621 - Copy.JPG

(In the reflection in the chrome, you can see a blue car. That's rolosrevenge's company Leaf; he's here running some tests on my Roadster).

Last edited:

Nice.

I'm considering GRIN+GO though it would be a bit of a misnomer since I'm coyote, not gringo. :wink:
But I will have the Tesla GRIN every time I GO past a gas station! :biggrin:
Hopefully it's not taken.

When I lived in CA, I had RDORGRN on my blue 335i Coupe. Just about everyone outside the Land of Enchantment needed an explanation.
My brother-in-law in Phoenix has REDRGRN on his Accord.

Anyone know how long it takes for CA vanity plates to be approved/denied?

If they are approved, you should get a notice at about 8 weeks later indicating that the plates are ready for pickup at the DMV office you selected when applying. No communication during those 8 weeks; the plates should show up as unavailable on the website if you were to try again.

Not sure how soon a denial notice might come in the mail though.

If you create your plate online, it will tell you immediately if the configuration is taken. Mine was accepted and the plates arrived 8-12 weeks later. I don't know what happens if you submit a conifiguration that is not taken but is deemed to be unacceptable to the censors. But many borderline ones do get through. I'm told 3M TA3 made it through. (Look at it in the mirror!)

The California online "is it taken" tool doesn't work for Olympic Training Center plates, so I had to send in a paper application for mine. They cashed the check after 4 weeks, and I received a letter at the 5 week mark saying that the plate was already issued in the hands of someone else (off the car) but they needed to pay the annual retention fee to keep it. So the DMV told me they sent a letter and the other party had 60 days to pay up or forfeit the plate. Interesting process...