Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to snag WATT IF and SAYWATT in AZ:

2017-03-22_1554.png

Well, about a month ago, my wife and I went out for a movie, dinner, and drinks, and I came home a little tipsy (don't worry, she drove!).

And then I got on the computer (always a mistake after a few drinks)... and figured, 'why the hell not???'

So it was kind of inevitable what I ordered that night:

But since I only have one Model S with the vanity plate in my avatar, I had no choice...
..but to put it on my 2002 BMW M5:

View attachment 219382

So sue me. :)

Damn it Hank, shame we've already met, otherwise I'd have to hate seeing that car on the road :p

BMW and a vanity plate, that's not even accurate! Double whammy!

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Ordered the 10K GAUS but I did the trick (recommended somewhere in one of the dozen plate threads!) of reversing the two, since it can look like 10 kilograms in Australia, or something, since the average non-techie (or even techie!) doesn't know what a Gauss is. It will be on my BMW until some Tesla shows up! It also has the advantage of not being blatantly EV-ish on an ICE vehicle. ;)

gaus-plate.jpg

I was thinking it is about time that I pick out a clever vanity plate for my Model S. Would love to hear some suggestions.

(I saw there was a thread in the Roadster forum, but that was for plates that you have actually seen. I think that Model S deserves its own as certain things you might put on the plate would be unique to Model S.)

The basic guide lines for an NC plate (where I live):
"Unless your personalization is offensive or is already taken by someone else, it will most likely be approved. Your plate can have up to eight letters, numbers, and/or specialized characters."

Though, I'm sure people in other states with different rules would be happy to have suggestions also. Remember, if you post it here, you give up any claim to it.

Just to get things started, I saw someone on twitter say they were going to get "S-CAR-GO" for theirs.

I once saw a Mini with plate P15 SER which was funny:)
I have "there is no Planet B" in small letter on my plates:)